“Great cuisine!”

Siggi's German Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Salt Rock
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Siggi's German Restaurant and Pub. Siggi's German restaurant was opened by ourselves, Chris Schaedle and Chris Kossmann in October 2008. By using the name Siggi's, we hope to carry forward the tradition of great hospitality and excellent food which became an institution over the years at Siggi Schaedle's country hotel in the Natal Midlands, attracting guests from throughout Southern Africa and Europe. Chris Schaedle spent a lifetime with his parents in the Hotel and Restaurant trade and has taken great pride in continuing with his families legacy. We are extremely proud of our restaurant and over the months have seen our loyal customer base grow, with repeat travellers from all parts of South Africa and the world, arriving to sample 'a little taste of Germany'
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Service was excellent and food delicious! We ate Kassler Chops and Beef Schnitzel. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

The food is simply fantastic and the ambience is very relaxing, service is great and they have a good variety to offer

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Having looked forward to going to this German restaurant for a while now ...
We finally went only to find our booking had not been recorded - the food took a while to arrive ,the eisbein was dry the schnitzel was poor
To sum it up no flavour
Our waitress had an attitude bordering on arrogance
Not what we expected at all very substandard

Reviewed 10 August 2017

At the time of our visit the car park was full so we parked on the road kerb outside. Greetings were warm from the manager/ owner, Although full we managed to secure a table outside on the deck which if you strain your neck a little you can just see the sea. Good German Eisbein for me whilst my wife had fish. Excellent selection of beers to wash the food down with.

2  Thank SharksSupporter1
Reviewed 7 August 2017

The restaruant itself was pleasant enough and the food was, well, German, eventhough we didn't get the chance to tase any of it. They have a huge, huge assortment of beers (more than I have seen anywhere else in all my travels) and making the choice which one to drink was daunting. However, it was the service that ruined the entire evening for us.

Our waitress came over and promplty began to wipe down our cutlery with a tea towel she had just used to wipe off every empty table in the establishment. When I asked why on earth she would not use another, clean towel to wipe off our cutlery she instantly became defensive and extremely curt. From that moment onwards I knew that the last person I wanted serving me my food was this woman. God only knows that her couth was not above spitting in my food, so I asked to see the manager.

When he finally arrived at the table and listened to my complaint about the unsanitary manner his staff had used too prepare the cutlery for our meal, it became all too evident why his staff treated their patrons the way they do.

Without further adieu, we paid for our drinks and departed the establishment.

1  Thank Cina_Brian_Mia