“Not a place I shall soon forget”

Siggi's German Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 32 Restaurants in Salt Rock
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2017

The restaruant itself was pleasant enough and the food was, well, German, eventhough we didn't get the chance to tase any of it. They have a huge, huge assortment of beers (more than I have seen anywhere else in all my travels) and making the choice which one to drink was daunting. However, it was the service that ruined the entire evening for us.

Our waitress came over and promplty began to wipe down our cutlery with a tea towel she had just used to wipe off every empty table in the establishment. When I asked why on earth she would not use another, clean towel to wipe off our cutlery she instantly became defensive and extremely curt. From that moment onwards I knew that the last person I wanted serving me my food was this woman. God only knows that her couth was not above spitting in my food, so I asked to see the manager.

When he finally arrived at the table and listened to my complaint about the unsanitary manner his staff had used too prepare the cutlery for our meal, it became all too evident why his staff treated their patrons the way they do.

Without further adieu, we paid for our drinks and departed the establishment.

1  Thank Cina_Brian_Mia

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Siggi's has good quality food and a good selection of drinks (good selection of local- and international beers and wine). To the traditional German menu (e.g. Eisbein) you can also have your normal fish, steaks or other. Service was fast and food was also served in a short time. They also have a playground for the kids outside, so you can enjoy your food in peace...

Reviewed 10 June 2017

Excellent food with a friendly family-like atmosphere. they go out of their way to make you feel at home

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Rough and ready.
Not the best of GERMANY.
Service was quick but I would not go back. Food was so so but don't expect fine dining.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

We visited Siggi's based on Trip Advisor Excellent Reputational Reviews!
We were absolutely blown away by their Eisbein - best we have ever tasted todate; mouthwatering, tender, delicious, good quality and quantity.

The Apple Streudel was equally divine and enjoyed!

Wonderful Service. The relaxed family atmosphere and scenery is great.

Highly recommend making time to visit and eat at Siggi's.