“Very nice, friendly, excellent food”
Review of Locanda Don Giulio

Locanda Don Giulio
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Locanda Don Giulio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is located in the middle of Villafranca, with an open space where you can eat outside in summer. Our kitchen is specialized in Mediterranean kitchen, with various types of fish and meat.
Reviewed 17 February 2018

Excellent food and service, nice ambiance. Was travelling solo and went here the day after valentines day. It was packed again. This is the best restaurant I have eaten in VillaFranca.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

If you want to feel the emotion to be in another century, try this place. The environment is warm and the service is charming. You will not even feel the time passing by as they will keep a nice and steady rithm in serving your meal still adapting to your needs.
The food is excellent: We had a wonderful octopus salad with potato purea (maybe a little bit less patatoes would have been perfect) and a very nice spaghetti with seafood.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 21 April 2016

We were taken to dinner here by one of our suppliers. It is difficult to find, hidden in a courtyard off the main road in Villafranca, but well worth seeking out, Our hosts ordered a series of about 6 small courses (they know the owners) and each one was absolutely delicious. Fresh succulent seafood, rich pasta and moist beef dishes - all beautifully cooked and presented. Attentive and friendly service. A bit pricey (I think) but well worth it!

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 9 October 2015

We were in a group tour and we went to this place for dinner at the end of the tour.
The place is very nice and has a special decoration. The place was for our group mainly and the service was very good, food was ordered ahead so each one could choose the main dish. Everything was very testy.
It is a place to be recommended for anybody in the area.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 27 November 2014

I was for lunch at this place on a foggy, cloudy and cold autumnal day, alone and not familiar with the area. Those are all the ingredients you need for calling on your TripAdvisor application on your smartphone obviously. And I did and I couldn't thank it more.
If I were asked, or better pushed to highlight a side effect of this experience I'd say it was the town or specifically the area of the town in which this gem is situated: annoying industrial smell coming from the close factories and a overall dismal and unattractive environment characterize the district. Nothing to do with the restaruant at all, I'd go tomorrow with no second thoughts !
The restaurant is wonderful, furnished with style and good taste, the food... terrific! I ordered as starter tender octopus with novel potatoes and Olive Patè and as main course fettuccine with shrimp tails and balck truffle from Norcia. I was served both of the dishes quickly and they were both appleaning at sight at twice as appealing at taste. Will definitely go again.

Date of visit: November 2014