“Authentic german place”

Price range: USD 6 - USD 30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 February 2016

We had dinner with family. Meals were with very good price and large. Got different type of schnitzels.

There are newer reviews for Guggenberg Alm

Reviewed 12 August 2015

We found this Alm by chance after a hiking. We initially stopped for a quick drink and we stay for almost 3 hours after seen the plates coming out from the kitchen.
The food is of a very good quality, simple Bavarian perfectly prepared in a very agreeable atmosphere.
The service cant be better, the passion of the owner can be experienced in each bite.

Reviewed 18 June 2015

Located right at the bottom of the mountains this small restaurant offer traditional Bavarian food. We liked everything there from interior of the place to the relaxing and casual atmosphere. The place is definitely well hidden and you will need local map to find it but it worth. Some of the staff speaks English and they have English version of the menu. Be careful - the plates are big and despite of delicious food we could not eat everything we ordered. That's a must visit place.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Even though I couldn't read the menu, my husband could (he speaks German, I do not) I got a vegetarian dish of potatoes and mixed veggies topped with a fried egg and it was the best thing I ate on my entire European Trip. (and I'm not even a vegetarian....I just needed a break from sausages and schnitzel (which my husband had and it was also very, very good.) A group of Asian tourists came in while we were there and could not speak German or English, so I would say make sure someone in your group can speak one of those langues or you'll be stumped. The ended up just getting three orders of what were were eating because all they could do was point.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We only stopped in for a couple beers but the food and deserts looked great! We sat outside, enjoyed the mountain view, and had a great conversation with a summer resident. Friendly people, good food, great beer - what are you waiting for?

1  Thank Windward_Ron