“Great restaurant off the beaten path”
Review of Guggenberg Alm

Guggenberg Alm
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Bad Kohlgrub
Price range: USD 6 - USD 30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We only stopped in for a couple beers but the food and deserts looked great! We sat outside, enjoyed the mountain view, and had a great conversation with a summer resident. Friendly people, good food, great beer - what are you waiting for?

1  Thank Windward_Ron
There are newer reviews for Guggenberg Alm

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Just visited Guggenberg Alm in Bad Kohlgrub. Had dinner there with my wife.

I ordered a Hirtenspieß ( shepherd spit ), basically a beef, pork and ham kabob in gravy served with pomme frits ( french fries ). My wife ordered a pork dinner that I cannot remember the name. It was two large pork steaks in gravy, potato dumplings and a side of red cabbage. Everything was excellent.

The hostess/waitress was wonderful. She was friendly and helpful. The location is beautiful, however, it is hidden. A challenged navigator will have a difficult time finding it. I recommend sitting outside in the back for the view ( weather permitting )

We will likely return here if in the area again.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Happened on to the place by accident, since going skiing nearby...great results; friendly-welcoming staff, fantastic food, and wonderful lager! My colleague and I kept going back at every opportunity, leaving mediocre ski lodge fare behind. GA is a foodies choice!

1  Thank Henry1942
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I would highly recommend the Guggenbergalm as an excellent place to eat and drink with friends. Not only will you enjoy the food but the scenery is quite beautiful. The service is very good and is also excellent value for money.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

We travelled to this area for a short stay. We came upon this delightful place, it is a lovely looking place with helpful staff overlooked by beautiful scenery. The food was very tasty and lots of it great value washed down with a great beer. We visited again before leaving the area.

1  Thank Sean W