“Fair”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

Great cakes, great coffee, good food and jazz during breakfast... compared to the many other overpriced places prices are fair. Still not cheap but at least you get an excellent quality. The service is great and the owner very helpful. I don't like Shangri-la but this place made me a bit forget about this.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed a tasty western dinner at The Compass with my friends. We were hungry and the food arrived quickly, hot and yummy. Total satisfaction!

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

We had a great time in Compass. the waitress was very friendly and spoke good english. food was yami - home made chips with salsa were amazing and Salmom steak was also good, but a bit smaller then we expected. prices are fair though a bit hige

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

Their onion soup was very good! But except that, their burger was just not bad. Meat was too dry and I felt like I was chewing tire. Compared to burger from frying tiger's this place is quite expensive but at least staffs are very friendly and they provides nice facilities

Reviewed 21 September 2016

I was very impressed to find such good food in the middle of Shangri-La. There is an interesting choice of cuisines on the menu. There is a nice view of the street fir people watching, and a very pleasant ambiance. The staff is very well trained, speaking fluent English and (Mandarin) Chinese. The influence of the Singapore service ethos is apparent, the owner comes from there.
There was one thing that I failed to understand, and it happened both times I went there; when I asked for the bill, the waitress went away and it took a long time before the bill was presented to me, then, when I placed a 100 yuan note inside the menu and gave it her, it took even longer for her to come back with the change. In China it is not normal to leave a tip, but I almost wondered if they thought I had given them a large one, or were trying to persuade me to do so. The curious thing was, as I said, this happened identically the second time.
The prices are slightly high for China, but then the quality is good.