All reviews main building deluxe rooms small hotel bus stop good size yogurt jacuzzi split croatia taxi
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel is not in a very nice part of Split and is at least 20-30 minutes by bus to the city centre. My husband and I arrived at this hotel for our honeymoon only to be shafted out the back in their secondary building that looked over their dodgy car park and the ugly vacant block of land next to the hotel. Meanwhile our travelling partners were upgraded to a deluxe suite overlooking the ocean! Tough gig right. The hotel were not willing to accomodate and move us into the main hotel regardless of myself and our travel agent emailing the hotel asking them they could sort something special (maybe an upgrade like our travelling friends got) out for our honeymoon. This upgrading of our travelling partners also happened to us in Dubrovnik the stop before!!! We ended up checking out about 15 minutes after we checked in and stayed at a hotel in the city centre. Would not recommend to anyone.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alicia K
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Just back from having spent a week in this hotel. I booked in June well in advance or our stay in September. The booking requested was for 2 deluxe rooms, one for myself and husband and an adjoining one, if possible, for my sister, all with seaviews. I must admit to being shocked on reading the reviews posted in August, describing the complaints of the then guests and was very apprehensive about our visit.
However, I need not have worried. We were given 2 adjoining deluxe rooms in the main building which left nothing to be desired. Spacious bathrooms. large beds and patio doors which opened onto a balcony,overlooking the Adriatic, was reminiscent of being on a cruise ship. It was an idyllic view and an idyllic location.
The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast offered an ample choice of fresh fruit, cereal, yogurts. pancakes, pastries, breads, hot and cold buffet and as much tea or coffee as you wished. I could not find any fault with it.
There are a lot of sunbeds in need of repair but since it was not high season. we always found suitable ones for our stay. There is a charge of circa 5euro for those with an overhead canopy, which is a pity, since it would enhance your stay to have them supplied without charge but then again. all the hotels there seem to charge for sunbeds.
The restaurant served nice food for dinner, but we opted to visit different ones each night to add to our holiday experience. There is a lovely beachfront walk to the marina with lots of restaurants and cafes to choose from.
The main road in front of the hotel does not offer much, apart from a bus stop to Split about 8kms away. Well worth a visit but would not like to be positioned there for my stay. We much preferred the more relaxing area of Podstrana.
My main tip is to book the main building, not the annex, and not expect too much in the line of opulence and splendour. This hotel has its own character and we enjoyed our stay immensely..

Room Tip: Book a deluxe room in the main building
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IreneR710
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I cancelled my booking online well before the cut off for cancellation this hotel still debited my card for the full amount despite being advised I had cancelled and we had a death in the family
The money they took was towards my relatives funeral we have now struggled to give them a decent send off
They were repeatedly asked my myself and the travel company to please refund the full amount they refused . They re sold the room and gained a nice profit at my expense
Lone parent of 2 training as a nurse .. wrong person to do this to
The owner is known as a local
Cowboy this is rated a four star
Let me tell you this is not a four star ! It's run down , dirty .. please check the other reviews and take this advice x

Stayed: August 2017
2  Thank helenmclaughlan78
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Pros
Great property on the beach, very lively with two or three restaurants and eateries.
Decent breakfast
Lady at the reception really helped me with setting up my local sim to the internet.
Easily accessible by Uber to the city centre, though it could take 30-45 mins sometimes to get to Split (of course Aug is peak season though).

Cons
Blanket would have been helpful. it wasn't there in the cupboard as suggested at the reception, and later we were provided with only one.
Ac temperature could not be altered.
The main door was very difficult to lock, and kept opening sometimes on its own.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank MiteshK
Reviewed 25 August 2017

I suggest everyone to read not only the good reviews but also the bad ones. I only read the good ones and now regret it since I used my graduation money on this vacation…

First of all when we booked the standard room there was no mention about 3 different buildings of the hotel and assumed that our room would be by the sea like in all the pictures. However our room was in a back-building with not even a slightest chance to see the sea. The first room given to us wasn’t clean so we were given another room on our request. Our small balcony was facing, actually on the parking space with people walking by all the time.

The air conditioning made me and my partner sick, it could not be adjusted and it was blowing straight to our bed. The wifi didn’t work at any time, there was definitely not enough warm water, the key card didn’t work if it went anywhere near a phone so everyone had to go to the reception all the time to put the card back to work again, the minibar was empty and not working. And because of all this, we had to go to the reception all the time.

Besides one of the cleaners and one of the receptionists, the customer service was awful. We have never felt more unwelcome in our lives. The receptionists could care less about their customers or their questions. The restaurant staff hardly talked to us or looked at us. It seemed like they would be happier if there were no clients and they could just gossip in the kitchen. The food was ok. Nothing special. Drinks were extremely expensive.

The beach wasn’t really what comes into mind from the word “beach”. It was casted from concrete and was hard to walk on. If you wanted to go to swim, there were stairs straight to the water. The “beach”area was crowded and there were not enough sunbeds. And the sunbeds that existed were broken.

The indoor swimming pool, sauna and gym weren’t worth mentioning. The pool was freezing and full of cleansing equipments. The sauna was tiny and not in use. The gym was small and filthy, mirrors broken. The whole area seemed abandoned.

And lastly the actual location of the hotel. From what I found out from the internet it seemed like a sweet little village-kind of location by the sea, almost like paradise. However the area seemed like an abandoned passage area. There was only two restaurants near the hotel (including the hotels own restaurant), a couple of beach bars, one very very small grocery shop, one bakery, one tourist info agency and that’s about it. There was no promenade and if you wanted to walk somewhere else than the beach, you had to walk on the side of a busy road that seemed more like a red light district area.

We were shocked about how little anyone cared about the tourists since the country mainly lives on tourism. Not worth their four stars. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple