See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Stayed here over Christmas and it was basic but pretty decent. Great location. Friendly staff! The rooms were spacious. No smells. The heater was warm. The beds were very good and newer. The towels and bedding were clean and fresh. The carpets typical - a bit dirty. The chairs were dirty. The bathroom was spotless (I always clean with disinfecting wipes) but there was an unsightly area near the toilet where the paint was peeling. The shower was new. Hot water wasn't super hot but ok. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Chakra_101
Reviewed 5 August 2012

When your up North, for the most part you can't expect the same accommodations as one would find in a large city!

La Ronge is small, approx 1 mile from 1 end of the main street to the end!! Waterbase is on one end and the harbour Inn is at the other and in the middle is the the La Ronge Inn and suites is right in the middle!! I personally would stay away from the In & Suites as it has a Bar (The Zoo) and an of sale beer store, a rough crowd seemed to just mingle around the outside of it!!

Back to the Waterbase Inn. Room I had was very spacious, fairly clean and a nice large flat screen TV with ample TV channels! Wifi worked great in the room. Never did get the phone to wok to be able to make local calls and the front desk wasn't sure why it did not work. I wasn't overly concerned, could just walk to the front desk and use theirs if I wanted to

Maybe it is just me, but this really irks me----front desk stopping or conversation and answering the phone and helping the caller!! This happened when I came into book the room and when I was checking out!! We were in the middle of our transaction, but it all came to a stand still when the phone rang!! When I checked in, was only for a brief time, but checking out, it was awhile as the phone rang multiple times! Again, just irks me and find it rather rude! Maybe they were just short staffed, which happens in the North!!

Noise: No street noise, could hear the float planes but not overbearing! One could hear when the room next to you was having a shower, and when he gurgled!!! But you could not hear people talking

But would I stay there again? More than likely, but would not be a slam dunk, Harbour Inn was recommended by others as well. The staff at Robertson trading store highly recommended Waterbase Inn. One can have a room that faces the lake and the float planes. I gave it a very good rating for la ronge, but it would be below average if it were say in Saskatoon.

Pluses:
Wifi
Large flat screen TV with ample TV channels
Fridge and coffee maker
beds were comfortable
Ample parking
Good location

Negatives:
Staff answering phone to help others (taking reservations for the rooms and the float planes)
noise from adjoining rooms (but not annoying)

Near by strores (Keep in mind main street is small)
Kentucky fried Chicken
Subway
Robertson trading store
A&W

I'm sure you would enjoy your stay there, just hope no one calls when your checking in/out

Room Tip: Ask for a Lake view!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank flames9
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, we arrived at this hotel around midnight and found out it closes at 11:00pm. As a result, we had to endure the headache of trying to find the phone number to call. Because the airport uses the dock outside the hotel, we tried giving the airport a call. We finally got a hold of someone who could let us into the hotel and check us in.

When we eventually got to our room is was outdated but certainly had nothing wrong with it. Overall, this is one of the better hotels in the La Ronge area and we recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PrairieVoyager
Reviewed 8 July 2012

The Inn is a bit dated, but very comfy and clean. Staff are courteous. Outside entrance to he room made unloading and loading of luggage easier. We had a kitchenette unit. A microwave would have been a nice addition.

Room Tip: Outside entrance and a lake view might be considerations
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Garry F
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I stayed at the Waterbase Inn this past week and I was very impressed, I got a lakeview room which is directly beside the lake it is gorgeous even as it is frozen. I had my own sliding patio doors and parking spot. The staff was very welcoming and the room was extremely tidy and clean. It smelled good too which is what I really like walking into a hotel room. The kitchen is all hardwood and the lobby has very comfy couches and a nice television. It remineded me of my uncle's cabin. It was also very quiet.

Room Tip: I would make sure to ask for a room with view of the lake, this was one of my favorite things. There is no restaurant inside but there are a good handful of them close by.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business