See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, we arrived at this hotel around midnight and found out it closes at 11:00pm. As a result, we had to endure the headache of trying to find the phone number to call. Because the airport uses the dock outside the hotel, we tried giving the airport a call. We finally got a hold of someone who could let us into the hotel and check us in.

When we eventually got to our room is was outdated but certainly had nothing wrong with it. Overall, this is one of the better hotels in the La Ronge area and we recommend staying here.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank PrairieVoyager
Reviewed 8 July 2012

The Inn is a bit dated, but very comfy and clean. Staff are courteous. Outside entrance to he room made unloading and loading of luggage easier. We had a kitchenette unit. A microwave would have been a nice addition.

Room tip: Outside entrance and a lake view might be considerations
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Garry F
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I stayed at the Waterbase Inn this past week and I was very impressed, I got a lakeview room which is directly beside the lake it is gorgeous even as it is frozen. I had my own sliding patio doors and parking spot. The staff was very welcoming and the room was extremely tidy and clean. It smelled good too which is what I really like walking into a hotel room. The kitchen is all hardwood and the lobby has very comfy couches and a nice television. It remineded me of my uncle's cabin. It was also very quiet.

Room tip: I would make sure to ask for a room with view of the lake, this was one of my favorite things. There is no restaurant inside but there are a good handful of them close by.
Date of stay: November 2011
4  Thank Martha592
Reviewed 15 November 2011

The Waterbase is a decent hotel. The rooms are fairly large and the bed is comfy, which is very important to me. The decor is dated, but overall the hotel is still in good shape. Try to get the lake view, the view of the street is not that great. This is not my number one choice for a hotel stay in La Ronge because it does not have a restaurant attached, nor does it have a continental breakfast. Because the hotel is also a base for planes to take off from, in the summer you can be woken up pretty early. This is not as common in the winter months. I think if the staff was a bit friendlier and the location was a bit better, I would have given a 4 out of 5 rating.

Date of stay: November 2011
3  Thank ClaireandJames
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I have stayed at the Waterbase in LaRonge twice now for business and both times have been great. There is no restaurant in the motel, but kitchenettes are available, or there are lots of options to eat out in the area.
The rooms are a nice size and are very clean. The decor is a bit dated, but for the price it is quite acceptable.
There are no air-conditioners in the room, but window open and airflow is decent.
The beds and linens are clean and comfortable. The hotel is quiet and caters to a lot of business people, so no rowdiness while I was there.
The motel double as the waterbase for a local air-freight company so if you are able to get a room on the lake side you can sit on your little patio and watch float planes land and take off. Beautiful view of the lake from that side as well.
On the other side the view isn't as great but there is a very interesting period-type trading store across the street that has convenience items, souvenirs, and unique art and craft items from the area. Very cool to browse.

Room tip: Request a room on the lake side.
Date of stay: July 2011