USD 193
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 316/night.

USD 137
USD 120
USD 101
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 113/night.

USD 268
USD 136
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 234/night.

USD 123
Asogen(Aso)(Great Value!)
USD 88
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
Asobe(Aso)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
All reviewsprivate roomtrain stationgreat kitchencommon spacethree nightsnearby onsenawesome placeopen plankind stafftourist informationhosteltoiletsdormjapanfacilitiesmapinteraction
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Not sure this place can be improved. Wouldn't be 5 mins walk from the train/bus station. The owners speak excellent English and go out of their way to help. The bed costs Y2600/night, making it the cheapest place I stayed in my 2 weeks in Japan. They have all the timetables and maps you need for hiking around the Aso Caldera. Wifi is fast. Toilets are amazing by Western standards but pretty common in Japan. All bathroom amenities are provided. Bed is comfortable and there are loads of extra pillows and blankets if required. Just a gem.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Everything here is great, from the large dinning/salon room japanese decorated, with a well equiped kitchen to the bed and pillows, this was the most confortable bed in japan, and we did many and most hotel and kyokan. Everithing is very clean, or sould i say inmaculate, the owners work hard to keep this place your home away home. From shampoo to hair treatment to hand soap and facil cleansing and moisture, complimentary for your convinience. We are delighted to have found this place far from the city's hot summer, the sight of the volcano from your room will convince you. We extended our two day stay to seven, we had a private room, but the dorms are also very well mainteined and wood made. It is very close to the train station and buses, and local market with tourist information. More than recomended!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clairedelune078
Reviewed 22 June 2012

This was hands down one of the cleanest and well maintained hostels I have ever stayed in. It seems to be quite a new establishment, but the set up of rooms, kitchen, lounge room and balcony gave the entire location a pristine feel. Staying during the off season meant that there was only 2 of us sharing the entire hostel! The staff were very friendly when I arrived and gave me some excellent advice for trekking Mt Aso. Unfortunately the day I went the weather was terrible so I did not get as much done as I would have liked. Only a few houses from the station, it is comfortable and affordable.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Paolo S
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We can't recommend this place enough, our only regret is that we only stayed one night!

My partner and I stayed in a double room without bathroom which was very spacious and comfortable, the bathroom facilities were second to none, free shampoo etc, plus all sorts of other toiletries from cotton wool to body sprays and hand cream.

The kitchen was also well stocked, with oils herbs and the usual tea and coffee. The communal areas were pine chalet style rooms which made me feel like I was in the alps in a five star hotel!! We will definitely be back and I would have no problems telling everyone else to try it!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Whataworld27
Reviewed 5 June 2012

My wife and I dropped in on Aso Base Backpackers one morning after we spent the previous night at the other hostel up the hill, which had just informed us no one could stay there during the day. Having just bicycled and camped five days in cold, rainy weather, we needed a place to recoup. Aso Base Backpackers gave us that, and more. They stored our gear until formal check-in, suggested several places for brunch, and offered us their very nice common area and kitchen until our room was ready. The room and bath were also clean and nicely done. The following day, we took their advice, and their flag, and hitched rides to and from Mt Aso--a lot of fun both ways. Again, they stored our gear and bicycles, this time after we checked out. And here is the icing on the cake: Four days after we left Aso Base Backpackers, I discovered I had left my pants with a good sum of money in them in their backyard. They had found them, and they later mailed them to us in Tokyo before we flew home. Thank you, Aso Base Backpackers!

Room Tip: We were in a dorm room for four, and it was very nice.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple