9,060 results
All reviews adult pool beer garden las dunas family pool a la carte restaurants international buffet seafood lobby bar the bus family section pizza santa clara ice cream parlour chicken the grill large resort romantic restaurant
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Ours was a WestJet vacation package. Most facets of the trip went like clockwork; returning via Pearson, though, is seeming always fraught. Best to double check how your baggage will be handled in Toronto, and to ensure you have duty free receipts on hand. Otherwise, ground transport, check in and out, hotel staff, accommodations, amenities and meals were all excellent. The meals were a very pleasant surprise; food was plentiful and tasty. The resort's gardens and pools are spotlessly maintained, and the kilometers of white sand beach are heavenly. We will go back, hopefully soon!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank srickal
DirectorMLD, Director General at Melia Las Dunas, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Guest:

Beautiful review!! I love to see that guests leave our resort wishing to come back, so please do!!!

It will be our pleasure to host you back again in a near future.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I read so many reviews before we left and was a cross between omg what are we getting ourselves into and how bad can it be?

We arrived very late at night - the bus ride is long and not much to see in the dark so I can't comment - we just relaxed and looked forward to getting there.

Check in was a breeze - took at most 10 minutes and then we were on our way in one of their taxis to our room - we were in building 11

When we opened our door we were quite shocked at how dated it looked but again - we only sleep in it so as long as we have a bed, toilet and shower we are good to go! We had a huge King size (was actually two very large twins pushed together and we had asked for a cot too) and we had requested 2nd floor which we got

The next day was our explore day - we found the family pool (we were close and travelling with an 11 & 13 year old we needed to know where it was. This resort is huge and quite spread out.. the lobby is close to the buffet and most of the a'la carte's and the sport club and the ice cream... expect a lot of walking but if you don't like the walk we never had trouble finding a trolley. (only used the trolley three times)

The Pool was excellent. We didn't feel the need to play the towel game as most days (except for the one red flag at the beach day) there were tons of spots. Towel exchange was open between 9 & 5 (towels usually arrived around 10 and were out by about 3:30 or 4) - people expect there to be an endless supply but goodness that seems impossible anyhow. The staff at the pool (Teo, Carlos, and Gisela) were awesome and engaging with all ages. There was always something to do. Sometimes the music got a little loud outside of the activities but if you wanted peace and quiet we were told by someone that the adult pool was boring and at best had 20 people in it maximum so there would be lots of room.

The sport club is a welcome relief from the sun, my kids and new friends went a few times and played billiards or beach volleyball or air hockey.

The beach is so beautiful and always tons of chairs - go early if you want shade and a chair.. the expectation that you are going to show up at 2 in the afternoon and find a nice shady spot for two is like hitting a concert right before it starts and expecting to find parking up front. It was swimmable all but one day we were there (March 26th to April 4th)

Shows at the lobby were varied. Always something different. The ACDC coverband was great! Teo is super fun and is the best dance instructor by far. My kids still singing HEY baby, I wanna know if you'll be my girl" and pretty certain they'll be teaching dance moves

Our housekeeper Saliana was beyond thorough - always had fresh towels and towel art. Our fridge was always stocked and we had two bottles of water we didn't even open. Our room had warm water daily (lets see - everyone come back from the beach and pool at 6 and have a shower and expect it to be hot - even at home if someone flushes the toilet a bunch I'll get a blast of cold) - bring washcloths (it's not something they provice but I knew that going in)

The buffets had great staff. The food was fine - we didn't go in expecting 5 star and we never had trouble finding food - however we did miss Heinz ketchup (really there are no other kinds). I brought a thing of peanut butter because I can't live without it .. next time I'm bringing ketchup. My 11 year old had an ananas smoothie every day and the lady who made them (I didn't get her name) had my daughter figured out by the second day and made it as she walked up which made my daughter super happy.

The staff goes beyond any resort we've been to.. (except the front desk people - I guess they get tired of hearing complaints but I didn't find them approachable at all - I didn't actually approach so that could be my fault as well - and the gent at the sport club doesn't seem to love his job either and yes we spent time there and said hello but he maybe is shy?) - however the resort staff from bartenders at the pool , to the entertainment crew, wait staff, housekeepers, gardeners...were all super amazing..

We did the catamaran tour.. loved it .. kids were bored on the long tour back though. next time we'll take the taxi from the dophin show and skip the ride back the resort.... it was too boring on the way back for an 11 & 13 year old...

We saw no cockroaches, definitely saw birds in the outdoor grills (food is covered), and we saw lots of gecco's ... no bugs in our room , no need to cover the drain spout with a cup, and definitely didn't smell moldy in our room

We will return next time we are in Cuba!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Staci L

Dear Guest:

I thank you very much for your detailed review and comments. We are very pleased to know that you had a great time with us, in Meliá Las Dunas, and that you enjoyed your vacation here.

We will be happy to receive you and your family again, at your new Caribbean house!

See you soon.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

1 to 5 rating
Staff 5 Just awsom
Bartenders 5 in all bars and huts
Beach 5 the water and view awsom
Room cleaners 5
Actual room 2 (not so good)
And last the food. It can not be rated . It actually ruined the last 3 days of our trip. I can understand loving the staff and beach but come on let's get real about it . The only meal that was remotely close to taste was the Japanese ala cart .
I'm sorry if I offend the regulars but the truth is the truth.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank stewcold

Dear Guest:

Thanks a lot for your comments about our staff and beach!

Concerning the food, our Executive Chef works hard to offer different types of dishes for our guests coming from all over the world, we are sorry if our food offerings did not fulfill your expectations. Please be assured that we will take them all into consideration, in order to improve our food and make our hotel a better choice for our clients.

It will be a pleasure to receive you again, if you decide to give us another chance; please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This was my second stay here. First time was a few years ago with some high school students and this year with a friend .
The resort itself is dated but very clean . The rooms are spacious and clean however we were without air conditioning the last three days and even though we reported it- wasn’t fixed. The beach here is beautiful but can be windy with waves- great for body surfing! If you are a shell collector - there were tons of shells in the beach( probably from the previous hurricane as wasn’t like that my guest stay) the lobby bar was where we spent most of our time in the evenings . Great drinks and the only spot for wifi which you had to pay for ( very cheap) but very spotty. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn’t ! So if that is important to you probably not the best spot to go!
Food was typical Caribbean. Lots to choose from at the buffet and we had no trouble making reservations at the other restaurants. All in all an enjoyable holiday at a very reasonable price!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank valleygirlnovascotia

Dear Guest:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to report your feedback on Trip Advisor about your stay at Melia Las Dunas Hotel.

We are happy to know you consider it was an enjoyable holiday and thank you very much for letting us know.

We will be waiting for you in your next visit!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Edmonton AB
Considering the Hurricane damage from fall 2017 this resort is in amazing condition. Bluest water and Whitest sand I've ever seen. Weather was +25 to +29 while we visited.
Food was good, room great, bar service the best.
Take the Catamaran tour...awesome.
Really all I can say is I'd return in a heartbeat.

Room tip: Second Floor for less noise
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank sbrimages
DirectorMLD, Director General at Melia Las Dunas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Guest:

We have been honored with your presence at Melia Las Dunas.

We thank your honesty and we feel very proud to acknowledge you look so glad about having spent your holiday with us.

It will be our pleasure to host you back again in a near future.

See you soon!