All reviews entertainment team santa maria lobby bar pizza fish chicken a la carte restaurants kids club foam party hotel manager every staff member white soft sand beautiful beach amazing vacation diamond club members omelette family vacation
Reviewed 1 April 2018

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks. While the hotel is still trying to recover from some devatating storms in 2017, they (the staff) are trying hard to make everyone feel welcomed. The beach is great, but keep in mind this is a family resort and both the pool and beach will be a bit noisy and busy.
The lobby area is nice. Off to the side is a pizza place where you can get one from 11am to 6am... highly recomend you try one of these pizzas, they are the best!!!
In the buffet restaurant we had a great experience, Jose Luis, our waiter was awesome. He always went out of his way to make sure we had everything we wanted!

Everyday room service would replenish our mini bar with bottle water, beers and soda. The cleaning staff were friendly and polite. Some of the golf cart drivers, who transport guests from one location to another, are super friendly; the chicken man and Pi were some of our favorites.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view, away from the pool!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Yahaira P
Director G, Manager at Grand Memories Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Yahaira,

Please receive a warm regard from all the team from Grand Memories Santa Maria.

It has been a pleasure to receive your excellent feedback and we appreciate you took part of your precious time to write it. Please be aware that your words significance a daily motivation.
Please be aware that it will be a pleasure to pamper with your favorite pizza, always made with a lot of love.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We Loved our visit - We traveled from March 23rd to 30th. The hotel grounds are nice, rooms are nice and clean and staff are very friendly. The Beach is just stunning! -Buffet food is good, you will always find something you like. Use/Go to the grilling station, you have the options of fish, shrimp, scallops, steak and chicken.

Go shopping to the Market which is next to the Memories Hotel (sister hotel), you will find a lot of good stuff there and affordable + it is a beautiful place with nice little restaurants, structures and atmosphere.

Everyone was super nice to us, however, special thanks go to Javier at the main lobby bar, Estrella and Yairy at the buffet, Luis Manuel and Odelvis at the grilling station and last but not least the bartenders at the beach bar and lunch station = You all made our experience to be even better. We hope to visit Grand Memories again soon!

Room Tip: Building #55 would be the quieter of the Ocean View buildings as #52 and #53 face the pool on one side
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jose M

Dear Jose,

We hope everything is perfect back home.

The Grand Memories Santa Maria team would like to thank you for your super nice comments about our hotel, service and staff.
We are very happy to hear that you had a fun and exciting trip with us, our main goal is to satisfy our guests.
As you mention we are located next to "Plaza La Estrella" where you will find different activities for all the family and friends and of course a great market with different souvenirs.

Thank you very much for highlight Javier, Estrella, Yahir, Luis Manuel and Odelvis, all of them are really grateful with you.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

hotel was amazing, good service, beautiful rooms and the staff was very friendly & welcoming. thank you to the managers especially Hector! Very helpful, always available, always smiling & great customer service ! i really enjoyed this vacation i suggest it to anyone to go there!

Stayed: April 2018
3  Thank Losos A

DearLosoos,

We are very happy to read that your experience in our Resort was very satisfactory, be aware that all your nice words will be shared with our team, as it is a daily motivation.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back in our little paradise.

Karina, CM

Reviewed 1 April 2018

In general, this was OK. The beach is beautiful and the staff are great. The food however is pretty bad, and I agree with the one person who observed poor hygiene. I was there with two teenaged kids and they enjoyed it, though we got a bit bored after a while. It was my first time to Cuba.

First, I don't recommend the Diamond Club. When I paid the extra $400 I was told that I'd get an ocean view. This didn't happen, instead I got a view of the pool with music blasting into our room the whole afternoon. I tried to use the spa (20% discount for Diamond Club), but they said they were out of supplies. So in the end, all I got for the extra $400 was five free bottles of water and some Fanta.

The food is pretty bad: often at the buffet some dishes on the steam tables were still cold, several were heavily salted, and in general the food is repetitious. But apparently this is true throughout Cuba so you can't blame the resort. We did enjoy the pizza at the pizza station near the pond, until one day I was in line and observed the cook wipe the cutting boards with a very dirty-looking rag. She then dropped it on the ground, where a feral cat was wandering around, and a few minutes later she picked it up off the ground and wiped the surfaces again with it. I walked away and didn't eat the pizza I ordered. I would have hoped for more varied fruit and better quality, but they only served five kinds of fresh fruit (papaya, prickly pear, oranges, watermelon, pineapple), and only the papaya had any taste.

The woman who ran the burger grill at the Memories pool was a delight, incredibly funny and obviously loved talking to the guests.

The coffee is good and the wait staff in the lounged and lobby are great. Everything seems to run in a very timely way, I didn't experience anything happen off-schedule.

The live Cuban music was the highlight for me, I only wished there had been more of it. As for the pool music that blasted all afternoon, I can hear that in a shopping mall in Edmonton. The pool at the sister resort, Memories, is much quieter and more pleasant to hang around.

There are feral cats wandering all over the resort but you can't blame the management for that, especially when some tourists, unbelievably, pet the cats and give them food. All of them look starved and injured, and some seem to have survived vulture attacks (I mean the cats, not the tourists; some of the tourists would make a substantial meal for the vultures).

I can't comment on much else, since I think this will be my last all-inclusive. I understand why people like them, but I find them boring and somewhat depressing. I doubt I will return to Cuba either, unless I learn Spanish and know someone locally who can show me around.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank 13Rabbit
Director G, Manager at Grand Memories Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Guest,

We would like to express our gratitude for your kind preference of visiting the Grand Memories Santa Maria and especially for the valuable time that you took to let us know your experiences concerning your stay.

It is a shame to read the inconveniences with the Diamond Club perks, we are always receiving a great feedback about it, as our main goal is to offer the best service to our guest, however we are already with the follow up about this matter; with the departments in charge in order to give the attention required.

We are sincerely looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in our Grand Memories Santa Maria and assure you that you will enjoy even superior services and facilities on your next visit.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

There were several elements that really stood out for me. First of all, the scenery was absolutely breathtaking: crystal clear water and pearl white sand! In terms of the hotel service, there was hot water at all times; the rooms were clean and beautiful; the staff was very welcoming and willing to meet all my needs to make my stay as comfortable as possible for my family and I. There was music and dancing all day long in different areas on the resort (lobby, pool, etc.). Entertainment team would entertain guests with catchy choreography and music; every night they would host a themed concert in the theatre followed by salsa dancing. The food was amazing; they had a variety of cheeses, meats, jams, bread, fruits, desserts, and drinks. Lobby and bar service were 24 hours. They also offer several types of excursions. I tried the catamaran which included a dolphin show and then we got to interact with dolphins followed by a lobster meal. It was an unforgettable experience. Nightlife was fun; I went to the nearby club which was in the resort so we didn't have to travel far. There was an A/C in the room.

They also have security walking around at night which means the resort is quite safe. Overall I had a great time at this resort. The environment was so lively and friendly. The staff would always ask me if I needed anything which made me feel special and taken care of. I would definitely recommend this resort to others who are looking for a fun, safe, and family-oriented vacation!

Room Tip: First floors may be better for those who do not want to climb up stairs.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Director G, Manager at Grand Memories Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Greta,

We hope you had a nice flight back home.

It has been such a huge pleasure to receive your compliments. Our team will be delighted once they read your wonderful comments. Thank you very much for recommending Grand Memories Santa Maria to future guests. You have praised so many aspects, including food and staff, which are very important booking factors. Receive please our deepest gratitude because we are inspired by your positive feedback. Thanks for staying with us and thanks for those stays to come. It will be such a huge pleasure to welcome you back my friend, so we could share more wonderful moments. Make sure you send us your booking details and preferences for your next year stay, we will be very glad to look after your time with us.

Best regards form our little paradise.