“Blue Bay Motel”
Review of Blue Bay Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tobermory
Blue Bay Motel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Tobermory
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Nice room, clean, comfortable bed, friendly staff.
great location.
We were in room 6 ground floor. Room above us very noisy in the evening and at night, Outside in the early morning, lots of noise and slamming of car doors and loud talking.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank siegnsue
There are newer reviews for Blue Bay Motel

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Most likely, the worst motel I have ever stayed in. We were in room 4 and it seemed like we were sleeping in the parking lot. No A/C so windows had to stay open which meant that all of the noise and cigarette smoke came into our room. I would have been better sleeping on the side walk. I guess this is what happens when you have a 50 year old motel.

Room Tip: Stay some where else...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
InnkeeperK, Innkeeper at Blue Bay Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you for sharing your candid opinion. We rely on customer feedback to improve our services. It is unfortunate that our renovations fell short of your expectations and remind guests photos of individual rooms, as well as a room map-showing each room's location on the property-can be found on our website. TIP: We recommend that you book early to obtain a second level room as guest feedback suggests these to be the more desirable rooms. Additionally, we encourage guests to speak to a desk agent prior to arrival or during their stay if they have any questions or concerns. We love sharing our lovely village with you and want to make sure you have the best experience possible!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I was a little nervous as Blue Bay being a motel for about $250 per night. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The cleanest place I have ever stayed at. The towels were colourful thick towels like I would have at home. Not the normal white standard hotel towels. Little things make a difference! The beds were extremely comfortable. Thick mattresses and a ton of pillows. This motel is over looking Tub harbour with 2 chairs and small table outside of every room. We had a large group and borrowed chairs from in front of other rooms. Felt a little weird as we were sitting more in parking lot. We discovered 2nd day that there are a few picnic tables across the road at waterfront.
The price is clearly driven by the location. A pool would be an awesome bonus! Just saying...
We had a fabulous time and will be back and I would most definitely stay at this motel again.
Hoping to return next summer!
Cheers.

Room Tip: There is a fridge in the room for your use. No air conditioning, but because of the breeze from lak...
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I got a corner room at the end of the corridor, which had two sides of window, so that it was so bright and the view was so so good. The room was clean and tidy, especially the bathroom. I will absolutely stay here if I visit again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2017

The service was excellent and the room was very nice as well as clean. My wife and I only stayed one evening but wished we would of booked the room for a second night before moving on in our travels. The ladies at the front desk were very pleasant and helpful with recommendations to local food and activities. The hotel overlooks the local marina which offers great views of the bay. My wife and I would highly recommend staying here to anyone planning on visiting the area.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple