In some respects, i feel The Bruce Inn deserves a 4, and other respects, it should only get a 2.5, so i'm splitting the difference and giving it a 3.... We stayed there with our 2 young boys.
Why it should get a 4:
The inn looks great from the outside and the grounds are very nice. It looks to be very new and quality built... Our room, a 2nd floor queen with a sofa bed, was ultra clean. It had a fridge (always a plus for us)... The bathroom was spotless. Location is a short drive from downtown Tobermory, but far enough where you're away from the fray....
Why it shouldn't get a 4:
We thought the price (about $150/nite) was kinda steep for what we got: a single queen with a sofa bed.... It was too small for both our boys to sleep in, so my wife had to improvise and stick more furniture together to make a bigger sleeping surface for them.... At that price point, i feel the room should have 2 queens and perhaps at least provide a continental breakfast, even if it's just coffee and donuts, or english muffins or whatever.... There was coffee in the lobby, however...and it was good.
As mentioned, the room/bathroom was spotless, but so much that it seemed sterile.... Why? Because i feel very little thought was put into how to make their hotel rooms warm and inviting, given their location and the curb appeal of the property: No pictures on the GLOSSY painted walls (glossy paint belongs in the kitchen and bathroom , NOT in the living area!)....the fluorescent lighting made me feel like i was staying in a clean room in a Silicon Valley tech facility (the one exception was the bedside lamp). When installing fluorescent lighting, buy WARM colored lights! There was a single smallish, north-facing window that didn't provide much natural light, so even in the day, you have to turn on the above mentioned lights to see anything.... These all might seem nitpicky, but if i'm gonna stay in a place calling itself an "Inn", it should feel like an Inn, not a tech lab or an office... Also, while the queen mattress was fairly comfortable, it had a waterproof cover on it---not very pleasant to sleep on.... And finally, the owner seemed a bit cold and unfriendly.... Maybe he was having a bad day, one never knows....
So, overall, the place looks great from the outside and on their website.... But looks can be deceiving..... If they would just knock the price down some, warm the rooms up a bit, and maybe throw in a coupla pastries, this place would truly be great.........
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adventure the Bruce Inn is conveniently located on Hwy#6. Just a few minutes walk from the Little Tub Harbour in Tobermory.The Inn is close to many of the attractions of the Upper Bruce Peninsula - Premier diving, Cyprus Lake, the Bruce Trail. Minutes from 2 National Parks, golf, fine shops, galleries and glass-bottom tour boats or relax in the sun on our decks or patios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Adventure the Bruce Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adventure The Bruce Hotel
- Adventure The Bruce Inn Tobermory, Bruce County