We wrote Tobermory Resort Inn & Suites several times since our stay on Sept.10th. We were to stay 2 nights but it was a terrible resort so we cancelled the last night. We did receive the second night refund. We did not receive any other discounts except a discount on a 2017 stay. Below are the 2 letters I emailed. The other emails I sent were the same letters as no response was retuned after the only one we received which stated a refund for the second night which we never stayed;
#1 - WRITTEN and EMAILED DAY WE STAYED
" We spoke with office reception yesterday to complain about the condition of the cottage; broken blinds, missing amenities etc. She cancelled our second night reservation and placed a request for a discount on last nights stay.
Handyman came to replace the blinds for curtains. But we were still missing coffee filters, cutlery (only 1 metal and 1 plastic fork), cooking spatula (only a spoon) and no hood vent for cooking which set the smoke alarm off.
We are also upset about the hair and mold in the bathtub, dirty pans (isn't there a $50 charge if someone doesn't clean it?),
I know it's only a 3 star. But that's based on amenities and service. The amenities are considerably lacking.
I would like a response and resolution to this issue. “
#2 - WRITTEN A DAYOR SO LATER
“ I would like to add that service was also lacking. There is a contact number; 519-377-4232 for messaging only for after office hours requests or emergencies. I sent a message on the morning of Saturday Sept.10 at 8:24am requesting an update on the cancellation for Sunday Sept.11, 2016 as office reception was suppose to email the request the day before. As well, I was requesting coffee filters again and complaining of the lack of utensils to cook and eat with. I never received a response. That morning when I went to the office to complain, I discovered that there was a continental breakfast bar available with coffee, tea, toast and fruit. So we had had the coffee and toast. The coffee was horrible that is why I wanted to use my coffee in the cabin.
How can you charge $190 +HST per night for a cabin that lacks amenities and service of a 3 star hotel? The hotel may have a 3 star rating but it doesn't qualify for that;
- Filthy tub with hair in it
- Mould around the tub (and fridge)
- Dingy towels (some looked dirty)
- Dirty fry pan (greasy)
- No spatula to cook with
- No wash cloths or sponge to wash dishes with
- No hood vent for cooking which causes the smoke alarm to come on when we cooked bacon on medium heat. (Code violation?)
- A table you can't sit at to dine because the side panels prevent your legs to go under
- Broken curtain panels (yes handyman replaced it with a cloth curtain) but the bedroom one was also not fully functional for privacy
- Thick dust built up everywhere
- Mirrors were dirty
- Water not potable (according to a small sign on front window of office) which we weren't aware of or told about
- No ice machines on the property
- Many broken debris around the property (Child Safety?)
- Furniture that looked like it was from a thrift store and very dingy/dirty looking
......and so on.
Many hotels that are a 3 star and they are clean…..even the ones with kitchenettes.
We couldn't understand why internet wasn't available for the cabins as the Blue Heron Cruise Company had a signal strength that could reach our cabin from a few km across the bay.
We stayed at another 3 star place in Trent Severn, called 'Tea Lake Cottages', area earlier this week. It too was a 2 bedroom cabin on the water. It had internet access in the cottage, a coffee maker with filters, all utensil required to cook, it was on the water and I could fish off the dock if I wanted. Your site had a sign posted 'No Fishing'. It also came with a small deck rail gas BBQ. The place was not super clean but the service and amenities were what we expected. Nothing fancy. I like to fish and hunt. I don't expect luxury at this price range. The price at this property was the same as yours and it was closer for us to go to.
Office reception did show us another room on the property, a chalet suite, which was also dirty and well worn.
We also heard the handyman complain to us about the property. He said to us that he has asked for curtain replacements for 3 years. So we know you've had on going issues for quite some time. As well, a couple approached us on Saturday morning and shared their terrible experience. It was very similar to ours.
We would like our Sunday night refund. Both the office receptionist and we have signed letter stating the request. As well, we noticed that you have a $50 off per night offer for this month. We would like that as well.
I have yet to place a review on line until this matter is cleared up. If we are happy with your resolution, I will not post a review.”
I wish I didn't have to write this review. Like when you are parenting. there has to be follow through when desired results do not happen. We only wanted $50 off for the night we stayed because there was a more recent ad on line (on their site) which offered it for the time period we were staying. They didn't even offer us this. Never staying there again.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tobermory Inn, Suites & Cottages. We provide Cottages that have two or three bedrooms and a beautiful view of our water-view/sunset evenings. One,two and three Bedroom Suites. Also lodging at the Inn. Great for family get-away. Watch the Chi-Cheemaun (Big Canoe) Sail into port. With New Management and Staff we are here to make your visit a pleasant one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Hooroo Pty Ltd so you can book your Tobermory Inn, Suites & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tobermory Lodge And Motel
- Tobermory Hotel Tobermory
- Tobermory Inn, Suites & Cottages Bruce County