Club Med La Plantation d'Albion
Villa Anakao(Port Louis)
USD 124
USD 115
  • Breakfast included
Anelia Resort & Spa(Flic En Flac)
USD 181
Riverview Hotel(Quatre Bornes)
USD 35
Aanari Hotel & Spa(Flic En Flac)
USD 155
Villas Caroline(Flic En Flac)
USD 202
USD 136
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Escale Vacances(Flic En Flac)
USD 74
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Ti Cabanon(Albion)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,767 results
All reviewszen poolcinq mondesbuggy driversevening showssports teamblue bayspecial thanksfamily holidaymichael jackson showcircus teamguest relationsgolf buggiesspecial mentionmain poolall inclusive resortwater aerobicsa la carte restaurant
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I just spent 2 weeks at La Plantation d'Albion and this club is fantastic! From the beginning 'til the end, it has been perfect!
Everybody is smiling, nice, helpful and I really talk about the full staff! 4 major areas: the zen (pool + restaurant), the SPA, the main area (pool + bar + restaurant) and the beach.
You are welcome as if you were special each time.
The zen area is where kids are not admitted so that you can spend a quiet time. The restaurant is a la carte and the food is prepared as if you were at home. The staff really takes care of you (Arshvind, Vanessa, Pierre, THANK YOU!!!) and the view you have there, whether it is for breakfast or lunch is just superb. It's over the sea and the colors makes you think you are in paradise (and it is paradise actually!) For dinner, you have to reserve as the places are limited. No need to say that anytime is a good time to go there!
The pool is over the sea as well... The mattresses are good and you are always looked after (drinks, towels...) Little tiny point: the water is a bit cold (at least for me)
The SPA: I decided to have a massage on my first day to relax me after the trip and I took a shiatsu massage. My cabin was over the sea and you could here the waves... Magic! Kumud, the person who did the massage has magic hands... When I got out of the massage, it was the 2nd level of paradise... Then, Priah did a facial massage and treatment. She also has magic in her hands, I almost fell asleep! The touch was smooth but ferm, the smells were faboulous and she has been very helpful in explaining what she was doing... You end up having a drink in a relax bed over the sea again... Magic!
The main area: you have the reception, the boutique, the main bar, the theater and the pool...
The staff at the reception desk are again fantastic: when I arrived, I was welcome by Cathy, caring, nice, helpful and explaining you everything about the club. I met her several times during my stay and she has always been perfect!
In the boutique, you can find almost everything you need! The have clothes, shoes, food, jewelry, cigarettes... They help you find whatever you need, especially for the themes that you have each night at the club (white, elegant, pink & white, Club...) Special thanks to Larissa, Didier and the team!
For those who want real jewelery, there is a small boutique in front of the boutique. Go there! The person in charge is really nice, helpful and explains everything about diamonds! I could not afford it but just having a look and discussing with him was a very good experience!
Go to the excursion place: Béatrice, Yves and Yannick will explain you everything and you will want to take a tour! Unfortunately for me, there was not enough people to do the Blue Bay excursion but for sure, I will return and do it!
Then you have the main bar: anytime you can have drinks. There are also looking after you very well! At all time, whathever you want, you'll have it! Ask for cocktails, they are good! Deena & Hasan are the best to prepare you a cocktail that you will not forget! All the bar members are here to make your stay unforgettable: MANY THANKS guys!!!!
The pool is excellent! You have also the beds there... OMG... What a pleasure...
At the theater, you will have all the shows at night! They are well prepared, the costumes are beautiful, the scene looks different each night, the lights & sound is really good! You cannot dislike it! They are good and they enjoy what they are doing! Go Fati! Go Fati! Aurélie, Gael, Emilie, Dany, thanks for making these shows unforgettable!
You head then to the main restaurant... It is big, over the sea or inside if you prefer (even if inside is just a word to say that you have a roof over you head but no walls to really be inside...) The food is excellent and you have a wide variety of cuisines: japanese, chinese, maurician, french, italian, international.... You will want to try everything! Don't be on a diet! This is a great level of cuisine.... Really! Thanks to the chefs and the whole staff! You are doing a great job!
You go then to the main beach... There, you can say after all you have seen before from the club that IT IS paradise... Just look at the view... The lagoon, the colors... You even have small fishes that are coming to you and stay around you! This is just beautiful... At the end of the beach, you have the water sports... The whole team is fantastic and helpful! Andy, Alexandre, Rozann, thanks to all of you! You can snorkel, kayak, sail... They have everything you want and they'll explain everything to you! Have a look there!
For the other sports, they are all perfect! I am not really someone who is exercising... I was able to play golf and to do some trapeze at the circus!!! They explain very well the how to and teach you with attention... If you are afraid (as I was with the trapeze), they'll take the time and tell you the right words so that you can go over your fears and do it! This is a real team of professionals...
Thank you Adrien for the golf lesson and real thanks to Matt Matt, Emily and Guillaume for having the patience with me and make me do the trapeze! That was not an easy stuff!!!! You are the best!
I did not do any other sports but met the GOs and some GMs that played tennis or fitness... It is the same, the teams are fantastic! Medhi, Jonathan, Margot, I will try next time!
Now, for the rooms, they are big and you have a private balcony. I was in a club room but I have also seen the suites as one of my friend was there... This is beautiful and very well decorated! The room is clean, they are coming 2 times a day to clean and to prepare you bed... They also are decorating with animals made with towels... Nathalie, thanks a lot!!!!
As the clud is quite extended over the sea, you have buggies that drive you to your room... Every 15 minutes, 24/7... Amar, thanks for your happiness, your kindness and your smile!
I don't know what to add... It is a 5 tridents, it is paradise, the service is there, it is just perfect... You really cannot get bored, except if you don't want to be part of this, or if you are really special!
Congrats to the whole team (I have not names all but you are really in my heart!) and thank you for making my stay unforgettable!

Room Tip: If you want to be really in a quiet place, ask to be close to the zen area, otherwise, all rooms are perfect!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank LilaCBV
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This was our first visit to a Club Med resort, so we didn't know what to expect. As it was the end of the European summer holidays, the resort was very quiet, but this did not detract from the enthusiasm and professionalism of the staff. The evening shows after dinner were a highlight, and on our last evening, because the resort wasn't full, they were able to serve a "gala dinner" in the theatre area, followed by a champagne fountain to keep the party going.

The food was excellent, and definitely the best we've encountered in this type of resort. There was a large and varied buffet selection, with items like pasta cooked freshly to order. There was also a wide variety of French-style breads, and excellent fresh fruits. In a nutshell, plenty of choice for everyone. There was also the "a la carte" restaurant, Le Phare, which was open every day for breakfast and lunch (without reservation) and for dinner 4 nights per week (reservations required). Here the food style was French formal, with great views of the ocean.

There were only 2 minor downsides to the food and drink:
a. poor house wine (Mauritian?). However, the waiting staff were happy to serve champagne with dinner (available by the glass from 6pm), so this was an acceptable alternative.
b. apart from the excellent (Nespresso) espressos, the rest of the coffee was not good.

The range of sporting and leisure activities on offer were excellent. The GOs seemed to have the right balance between encouraging participation, but not being too pushy. We took advantage of the well-equiped gym, archery (very patient tuition provided by Anshley), tennis (6 courts in good condition), kayaking and snorkelling (boat out to reef twice a day).

What is nice about this resort is that it is divided into 2 areas - a family area and a quieter Zen area. We were there at the end of winter, and the Zen pool was heated!

All in all, it's an excellent well-managed resort, which we can highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ken-Mandy
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This is definitely a family resort, but our travel agent also recommended it to us for a week's break for two parents in need of a break! This was our first Club Med visit. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff that looked after us, and they went out of their way to chat to us and make sure we were happy.
This resort is broken into two areas, the general area where the theatre, main restaurant and main pool are based, and then a quiet area that has the "Zen Pool" (no under 18's) and the smarter La Phare restaurant. We stayed in the quieter part, and although there is music and dancing most nights, heard nothing at all from the quiet side. The food was superb, expensive, high quality food, and they skimped on nothing. In fact, they encourage you to try different drinks and foods. Our favourite item was the French champagne by the glass each evening. (Although if you eat at the main Distillerie Restaurant, you need to fetch it from the bar yourself unless you can persuade a waiter to make the walk for you.) Waiters make an effort to get you a drink if they see you are empty handed, and also offer you refills frequently. Amazing, we only saw one person who had too much to drink, and otherwise the combination of alcohol, families and kids was never a problem.
The Distillerie buffet is broad, and actually a few buffets. When we were there there were separate buffets for international, Italian, Asian, Mauritian, pudding/cheeses and starters/salads.
La Phare is a la carte, and you generally have three options for starter and main, and five courses are served. You have to book for the evening meal. We found this menu did not change much for lunches, but because the steak was particularly good we didn’t mind too much.
We observed the GO’s doing a marvellous job of looking after other people kid’s so they could have a break, and would have no problem bringing kids here.
The evening show at 10 is great fun, and for amateurs we thought was pretty good, either a good laugh or some pretty good talents, such as trapeze, Michael Jackson impersonation and belly dancing.
Use of the Sauna and Hamman / Steam Room is also included, and made use of the hamman every day as part of our routine.
An amazing amount of activity is included, but we “clutched out” very seriously, so only made use of the kayaks.
What we did make use of was the pool service where cocktails, beers, Mauritian rum drinks and anything on the extensive included drinks menu could be ordered whilst we lounged next to one of the pools. There is even a shack on the beach where you can order a drink.
What appealed to us was that for a week you can put your wallet away, and other than use of the Spa or premium wines and spirits, everything is included.
We would definitely go back, either as a couple or with our daughters.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet stay, choose a room close to the Zen Pool. Deluxe rooms include free room service continental breakfast at a time of your choice.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Matthew M
Reviewed 4 August 2012

My husband and two daughter 11 and 8 yrs old stayed here in Feb 2012 and there are not enough words to describe the amazing holiday we experinced.
Our girls had the holiday that they will remember forever and the G.O's went above and beyond to ensure that they were safe and enertained and wow'ed non stop.
We had to beg them to come spend time with us, was like a second honeymoon for us.
We also had a blast.

Food, drinks and nightly enertainment was 100% amazing and we were never let down for choice.

We are really protective of the girls and had never let them be in the care of any one we didnt know but we have to say the girls were so well taken care of that we are sold on the whole kids club idea.They got to do things we would normally be worried about them doing like the circus show.
Was stunning to see all the kids come together and have that much fun. They learnt things that I dont think they would ever have tried had we not been there.

I could really go on and on. If you need a really relaxing holiday this is the place for you. Would go back at the drop of a hat.

Also the resort was apparently almost at full capacity but we never felt like it was crowded or busy, never waited for a table at dinner and drinks etc came to us really quickly.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We stayed at La Plantation d'Albion from 4 to 17 July 2012. We were part of a group of 58 of my boyfriend's family from all over the world. The group included lots of children who had so many activities to keep them occupied. I can't imagine that the word "boredom" would ever be considered while at La Plantation! It is a great place for families, but also for couples/friends...... any combination of guest really. I absolutely LOVED it there. With the endless variety of buffet food, I feel like I have never eaten so much! Our room was lovely - not that we spent much time in it as there was so much else to do. So many activities on offer (golf, archery, suba diving, swimming, sunbathing by pools/beach, tennis, soccer, volleyball, sailing, fishing, excercise workouts, a gym, a medispa, themed parties AND A FLYING TRAPEZE!!!!! Ha ha!! That trapeze was so much fun! Thankyou to Mimi, Matt Matt, Silver AND Tam Tam for the fantastic flying experience! A great bunch of people - who are also fantastic to socialise with at the dinners, dancing, and partys! The shows were great fun (my boyfriend partaking in the strong man skit). You can see alot of hard work goes in to the planning. I love to dance, so thankyou to all the staff who danced with me! I want to give special mention to Chanel (our wonderful concierge) who was of great assistance to us - but also so much fun to hang out with at the parties... But also to Mimi, Matt Matt, Silver and Margot. (I am so sorry to other staff...... I can't remember your names! But I can remember your faces... AND I have photos of you!)! Just a really lovely bunch of people. It came to an end way to fast.... I was not ready to come home. I highly recommend this destination to EVERYONE! I can't say it enough....... I LOVED IT THERE!!

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the beach - so over the quiet pool, some over trees/garden. Our room had a verandah roof, so didn't get alot of sun. Others just had a bit of tree. If you want a particular view request it. If you want more sunshine in your room - request it. No complaints from me though - as we weren't in the room alot anyway. When we were in the room it serviced our needs to an excellent standard.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family