“Professionals”

Lawson's Original Yucatan Excursions - Day Tours
Ranked #3 of 16 things to do in Progreso
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Since 2008, Lawson's Original Yucatan Excursions is a tourism company dedicated to providing up close and personal, fun and truly memorable experiences for our wonderful guests. All our tours and excursions are private and custom; we focus all our attention exclusively on you and your group and design the tours around what you would like to experience. All transportation logistics are handled by our trusted partner Tierra Nueva Travel and we have vehicles ranging from sedans to buses. No group is too small or too large!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The four of us had an exquisite adventure for 3 days with William . He was calm ,funny and created entirely MAgIcAL
Authentic experiences in Mérida and surrounding you towns .
5 star rating all the way

"local market"
in 19 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 20 reviews
"answered all of our questions"
in 9 reviews
in 7 reviews
"knew exactly where"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I can't say enough good things about Lawsons. Our tour guide was Samuel Mata. He was one of the most knowledgeable tour guides I have ever had. He was able to answer all of our questions, and we learned so much about the culture. Our day was packed with exciting things to do, Uxmal ruins, cenotes, and even a stop at a local market to try different foods. I felt very safe with Samuel, and our vehicle was comfortable and stocked with beer, coolers, and water. I would definitely recommend Lawson's and hope to use them again in the future! Thank you Lawsons!

1  Thank Valerie P
Reviewed 5 April 2018

My family recently used Lawson's Original Yucatan Excursions for two day tours in the Yucatan: a tour of Merida and a tour of Uxmal and other Maya sites south of Merida. I worked with Nerea via email in customizing the tours to suit our interests and needs. She provided helpful advice and responsive, and it was easy to set everything up through her. For both days of tours our guide was Raul and our driver was Gabriel. Raul was very knowledgeable and an excellent guide. He adjusted our itinerary each day to make sure we got to all of our scheduled stops and that we could spend as much time as we wanted at those we found to be most interesting. Gabriel was a great driver and even carried the cooler with our beverages (that Lawson's supplied each day) to the small outdoor cafe at a cenote where we had lunch. Two highlights of our tours: ice cream at El Colon (where at Raul's suggestion I had the corn ice cream) and the beers in the cooler (which was nice to have for the drives back to our hotel). There are certainly less expensive tour operators available in Merida, but I believe that the quality of services provided by Lawson's were well worth the extra cost.

2  Thank TheNYTraveler
Reviewed 5 April 2018

From the first email to the last place our driver dropped us off, everything went perfectly! This was my boyfriend's first time in Mexico and so I wanted to make sure we got the most of our trip by booking an excursion. Our guide/driver was Gill. He was an awesome person overall & made our excursion so much more than we expected. There was beer in the cooler waiting for us. Gill was very thoughtful and even stopped at a local fruit market to buy us lime for our Dos Equis. We were one of the first ones to leave our cruise ship and we got back to port with more than an hour to spare. Everything was handled very professionally and we could not be happier that we decided to invest in this excursion! Definitely will be back again

2  Thank Carolina H
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 April 2018

From beginning with booking to ending to a drive all the way back to the port so we didn't have to take the shuttle back, the experience was the upmost best service!!! Gilmer Tun was our guide/driver and we can't say enough about him. He had a cooler full of drinks for my family along with snacks for my daughters (ages 5 & 6). He stopped at one of the fruit markets and grabbed some fresh bananas and mangos! He was extremely knowledgeable of the history of the Mayans and even climbed the pyramids with us. We learned so much about the culture of Progreso and he even had the patience to help my little girls learn some Spanish! He allowed us to take our time swimming at the Cenote and even had a fresh mango cut up for us when we got back in the van!!! The best mango I've ever had I might add!! We booked a private tour with him (Lawson's) and it included an authentic home cooked meal at a very kind woman's own home. He translated for us and taught us more about the culture in that village/neighborhood. The food was amazing! On our way back to the port, he informed us that he was just going to drive us straight there so we didn't have to shuttle or taxi back. It was perfect! I HIGHLY recommend booking through Lawson's. From start to finish, they made the process smooth and easy. If you have the honor of getting Gilmer as your guide, you're in for a treat!!! THANK YOU LAWSON'S AND GILMER for making our time in Progreso the best!!!

2  Thank Danielle D