“Cosy restaurant at the beach”

Grand Cafe Restaurant Vitesse
Ranked #135 of 178 Restaurants in Scheveningen
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We booked a table for 9 persons, but the table was in the very back of the restaurant. So we were show to a 8 pers table in the midle of the restaurant....
It took some time before we could order drinks, and even longer before we could order food.
In general slow serving.
I had moskes, and they were disappointingly poor and tasted bitter.
Also I found and old black stick of wood with a size of a finger...
But the restaurant was cosy.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

We went here for lunch. It was a nice experience. Price/quality was okay, good service and tasty food. Toilets may be updated. I recommend it for a simple place to have lunch!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 9 January 2018

Well cooked salmon, fresh from the market, is tender, moist, shiney, and breaks up in nice, clean flints at the slightest touch of a fork. Unfortunately, the small piece of salmon Vitesse served was dry, lacked structure, and overall seemed to come out of the freezer, which is extremely disappointing in a sea-view restaurant.

This dish came accompanied by stir fried, oily vegetables with no taste or seasoning at all, potatoes and fries. The fries were alright.

The salmon dish (and the whole plate, for that matter) was such a disappointment I just had to say something. I rarely don't want to finish my plate, especially since I feel that otherwise an animal has died for nothing, but it really wasn't tasty at all.

The staff was super nice about it. One of the waiters said he thought that night their best cook was actually working (cue my horrified expression).

On the other hand, even though I barely touched my plate, we had to pay full amount for the failed dish - the owner did give us tea and coffee on the house, but that still seems like a really sour compensation for a waste of fish.

Pro: staff, view and overall atmosphere, crispy fries
Cons: bland food, badly cooked salmon, and the mediocre compensation of the owner.
Note: never eat at the Scheveningen beach, just have a drink and go someplace else.
Note 2: my companion had another dish, the fish seemed better cooked, but overall he wasn't impressed either.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

This restaurant on the boulevard is quite large but manages to maintain an easy going and relaxed atmosphere. The staff is friendly and very efficient and that adds a lot to the experience.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

It’s all so fresh and the plates are so pretty combined, but the outside really shows something else. If the design, furniture and outside of the restaurant would change and not be so chaotic, it would get so many customers .

Date of visit: September 2017