“Always great Poutines!”

Restaurant Cafe Central
Ranked #9 of 26 Restaurants in Coaticook
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Stopped here as I do on my road trip through southern Quebec for poutines and other traditional Quebecois dishes. It is a great small diner that has had very few changes over the years. The staff are friendly and helpful; year after year, they recognize me when I return. The staff speaks very little English. I always speak as much French as possible, and, together with their limited English, I manage to get exactly what I want every time I visit.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Very good experience, food was good, great poutine (real curds), variety with daily specials, great service, prices area really good and large portions. Deserts are homemade and a lot under $3. US Diner feel and prices. I would go back. Great location. Perfect for the wait between close of Parc de la Gorge de Coaticook and Foresta Lumina.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Very fast, friendly service, very good food (especially the poutine), and excellent prices. What more could you ask of a diner?

Reviewed 29 December 2016

The setting is non pretentious and is the likes of a tired Corvette Diner. However, the food is very good, the place is clean, and the service is friendly and fast. Their menu is varied and it covers all three daily meals.

We had lunch at this diner and it was surprisingly good. We ordered a cheeseburger, fries, and a chicken poutine. The burger and the fries were in the likes of a typical highly rated chip truck. The meat was cooked to perfection, and the fries were crispy and fresh. The small poutine was more than a normal person would eat. It was topped with a generous portion of shredded chicken and Coaticook cheese curds. Their home-made gravy was also notable.

Overall, an very pleasant and affordable place to eat if you are looking for an outing for yourself or for your family. We are definitely returning for dinner soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

I stop here at least once a year for poutines and other traditional Quebecois dishes. It is a small diner that has had very few changes over the years. The staff are friendly and helpful; year after year, they recognize me when I return. The staff speaks very little English. I always speak as much French as possible, and, together with their limited English, I manage to get exactly what I want every time I visit.