All reviewsstayed one nightlower townold townwalking holidayfriendly and helpful reception staffoverlooking the squarehotel parkingbooked this hotelbreakfast was excellentan excellent restaurantair conditioningpiazzahillwifituscanycerealcappuccino
Reviewed 22 May 2010

I moved to this hotel after spending a couple of hours at the Relais Della Rovere and being unhappy there. (I have written a separate review of the Relais Della Rovere.) This hotel is central, charming, warm and welcoming. It is family owned and operated, and a family member was always around during my stay. The owners/management knew that internet connectivity was important to me. When the hotel's internet provider continued to experience problems, one of the young managers allowed me to use her private account, going well above and beyond what one expects. (At the Relais Della Rovere, no one was even aware that there was a problem with the internet provider to hotels in the area; simply told me that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and that I should keep trying.) The restaurant at Hotel La Vecchia Cartiera was excellent and well-priced. I would select this hotel again. It is a far superior choice to Relais Della Rovere.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank lsw86009
Reviewed 16 November 2009

I spent three nights at this well-managed hotel in the lower part of Colle Val d'Elsa while attending meetings in Oct.. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The room with a king size bed (two individual beds put together, actually) was clean and adequate. Breakfast was very complete and well-presented. The hotel is also very close to the bus stop for traveling to and from Siena or Florence. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2009

A very well managed hotel with extremely helpful staff. Located in the centre of this small non-tourist town with plenty of attractive old hill-top towns in easy driving distance

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2009

My husband and I just returned from 10 days in Italy. After reading reviews on Trip Advisor we chose this hotel. We spent 4 nights at Hotel La Vecchia Cartiera and it was our favorite part of the trip. Colle di val d'Elsa is the perfect spot from which to tour the Tuscany region. The town itself is quaint and very picturesque and really gives you a feel for the area. The hotel is located in the new town very close to a piazza (square). The rooms were not fancy but were very clean, the air conditioning worked very well and the breakfast was the best we had during our trip (we stayed in both Florence and Rome as well). The proprietor spoke very good English and German and he was most helpful when answering our many questions. The hotel was also close to a grocery store (The Coop) and many great restaurants. Everything was within walking distance. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ManitobaPrairiegirl
Reviewed 12 July 2009

Stayed two nights at this hotel. Clean room, great location, and breakfast is a feast! Front desk staff were so very friendly and helpful. The town is a picture postcard of the kind of place you want to find. Great food in local restaurants. Good location to use as a base to explore larger area.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple