All reviews tennis courts our honeymoon junior suite half board luxury hotel minute drive tuscan countryside american guests pasta dishes room for improvement remote location lounge area breakfast buffet is magnificent view restaurant food loved this hotel beautiful drive
Reviewed 15 October 2018

This traditional tuscan resort has a spa, rolling hills, restaurant and bar. there is a nice drive on the way in, but be aware there is nothing else around for a good 15-20 drive. so the onsite restaurant is all your going to get and the food was average at best. I did love the soap and shampoos they have made with local olive oil

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Just left after a week visit at Borgo Scopeto. We stayed in one of the separate villas on the property. Can’t say enough about how great our stay was. The staff was incredibly attentive. The restaurant was fantastic. Best risotto I’ve ever had. The wine list was wonderful as well. Great wines from Scopeto, Caparzo and Altessino. The wellness center was great as well. Easily manage me to drive to Siena and many other points. Loved this place. Hope to return someday!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2018

I had high hopes for this place but it was just a completely profound disappointment from start to finish. Upon checking in and unloading our car, we were told the porters would take our bags to our room and park the car. We got to the room and half the bags were missing. They only took what was in the car, never bothered to open the trunk and parked the car. I then had to go get the car again, empty the trunk and take the bags in. The first room we were given was horrible, it had a giant glass window that offered no privacy unless you closed the curtains and then it felt like you were living in a cave. The next room was even worse, tiny bathrooms with no fans so there was condensation everywhere when you showered, the air conditioning barely worked. The only thing good about the place is the breakfast because it’s a pretty good buffet of all the standard stuff. They host too many events for the place to be peaceful. They were hosting private events with a car company that took over the place, a wedding party was arriving while we were there and they seemed to ignore everyone else. The hotel engaged in a few strange requirements like requesting that we sign a certain form that required them to notify local police of our movements. I am not sure if it was because we were Americans but I have never had that experience in Italy. I think we were definitely profiled and perhaps racially. Upon trying to check out after paying well over $1200 dollars, we could not get anyone to help us get our bags to our car. To add insult to injury after we had paid our bill, the lady at the front desk stopped us frantically to ask if we had ordered anything at the pool bar. I looked at her incredulously wondering what she was talking about, I literally asked her if she was serious. She reiterated her question and I firmly and annoyingly responded that “you don’t have a bar at your pool”. There is literally no employees of the hotel serving anything at the pool. No one else was asked that question and we are firmly convinced ethnic /national origin had a lot to do with it. The whole incident left a bad taste in my mouth and I was furious. It was such a tacky and unprofessional insult to guest who had just spent money at your hotel. The pools have no life, one is so far away its not worth walking to and the other plays tacky music. With the exception of breakfast, I can 100% say this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in for multiple reasons. I know this sounds harsh but if you are American, stay away from this place. It was such a joke for the price.

Room tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2018

OK... I think this place is really 3 stars, not 4. Why? Hmmm... the plastic cups in the bathroom. The door to the bathroom that drags on the door and sticks, you cannot get into the bathroom without an incredibly loud noise. The noise of chairs being set up in the morning at 6:30 to wake up guests.
On the positive side, Gregory was an incredible host, and he gave us some wonderful suggestions for wine/dinner on our future travels.
The dinner was nice -- a bit stuffy for this sleepy little town.
The breakfast was very nice - replenished frequently and lots of cappucino provided to these American guests who need their coffee in the morning!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2018

We had planned to stay in Siena, but the town was too congested that we just didn't like it for an overnight so we scrambled to find a very nice place outside Siena and WOW did we!

Borgo Scopeto Relais is a medieval hamlet set atop a hill with beautiful views of Siena in the distance. The view of the estate itself as you draw near is magical as you follow a long cypress lined road to enter the property. The hamlet has been restored and renovated into a four star luxury hotel.

The hotel has over 50 rooms w/ air-conditioning and great wi-fi access in each room. We stayed in a large room in the annex - very clean, modern, beautiful views and quiet!

The gardens, pool, spa and fitness areas (we wish we had more time to explore these) and restaurant make the estate ideal for staying put and enjoying a relaxing vacation in the heart of the Chianti wine region.

The breakfast buffet was good, not many hot options at the time we were there though.

Loved this hotel - luxurious and refined - and their wine from their own vineyards is excellent!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends