“Not Wetherespoons finest”

Cuisines: International, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We think that generally the Wetherspoons brand is good especially for the cost. The Myrtle Grove is one of their oldest not attractive with packed seating and poor food service. The chicken burger was dry and cold .

carl b, Manager at The Myrtle Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hi

Thank you for your review, we take all reviews serious so thanks for bringing this to our attention. i will pass on your info to our kitchen team to make sure this doesnt happen again.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Went for a burger today and this came!
Rubbish food, tables not cleared and had to sit next to the door with our coats on because there is no table available if there is more that 5 of you!
Very disappointing, really gone downhill.

carl b, Manager at The Myrtle Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Hi there,

Very sorry to see you have had a bad experience with us.
Sometimes we do get things wrong and on this occasion i can see that we did.
Just to let you know that if you want to come dine with us you are more than welcome to book a table in advance so you will have somewhere to sit.
I hope you do give us another chance as this is not up to our usual standards.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Went here with my mum and sister drink service was fine but food service was shocking the food came the guy passed me the red hot plate without warning so I nearly dropped it due to it hurting my fingers. Then he dropped some of my mums food on the table and just put it back on her plate with no apologies. avoid the food

carl b, Manager at The Myrtle Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Hi,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will make sure that all our floor team are aware of this as this is not up to our usual high standard. Very sorry for your experience with us and i hope you do try our food again in the future.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

A conveniently located Wetherspoons right by the bus stop and just round the corner from the rail station. A good selection of cask ales at £2.29 a pint with the usual list of craft beers and lagers. I visited on a Friday afternoon and the pub was very full with clientele of a more mature age.

carl b, Manager at The Myrtle Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for your review, hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 1 March 2018

I called in for drinks mid-evening and Lucy the server was excellent. There was a good atmosphere - everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Reviews that I have read show that Wetherspoons often come under attack, but on the occasions when I've visited the Myrtle Grove I have always had good service, and the value for money can't be bettered. Perhaps the staff feel undervalued. I can only comment on my own experience of course, which has always been positive here.

Hi John H,

Thanks for you wonderful review i will make sure Lucy and all the team see this.
Hope to see you again soon