“Birthday meal.”
Review of Zio

Zio
Reserve with OpenTable
Zio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 43 Restaurants in Nelson
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Got taken here by my two daughters which was a lovely treat. We had a variety of dishes,which all bar one were excellent( the rare one a little too rare but this was sorted). The staff were good but a tad inattentive at times.We had my two grandchildren with us and they were looked after very well. I think this restaurant deserves a visit.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

We have driven past this place so many times and finally managed to get a babysitter for the night so we could give it a try. We walked in and saw two young waitresses and two older males, all of which completely ignored us. Now if they were run off their feet I'd have let it pass but considering there were only three tables in we found it extremely rude. After being stood there for at least five minutes a girl showed us to our table, didn't give us a drinks menu or let us know that they had an two course meal offer on. The male then came and took our order, given the fact this place advertises itself as an upmarket restaurant I think this chap maybe needs to re think his clothing - jeans and a t shirt isn't really suitable. I ordered calzone and my partner ordered the steak. The male didn't say a word back to us and off he went. The garlic pizza came for starter and the young girl put it down, started laughing and said 'sorry I've messed up cutting it'. My three year old could have done a better job, what a mess. The mains came, the waiter hadn't bothered to offer my partner the choice of veg or chips with his steak so just sent out some veg. He wasn't even given a steak knife. The food was standard, the calzone was barely warm and the steak was fatty. When paying the bill, once again there was no conversation from the waitress, she just held out the card machine, didn't even bother to ask if everything was satisfactory. Never again will we go back here, just awful.

2  Thank JaxHod1982
Reviewed 24 June 2017

We arrived quite late on Sunday evening 7 May 2017 without a reservation and no other alternative so we're grateful for the friendly welcome & were quickly found a table on the mezzanine. Service was great, 2 cold beers, breadbasket & menus arrived. We choose a bowl of shared starters, a mixed salad, fresh made pizza from the wood burning stove & an authentic pasta dish. The restaurant was medium busy, a real Italian authentic feel to a modern layout, great food at sensible prices & good range of choices. What a good find - with off road parking too right in the centre of Barrowford. We will return

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

We walked in, albeit early evening, but the place was empty and we've not seen that before. However, the welcome was friendly and we picked our table.

All tables had crumbs on the undercloths, we asked for ours to be removed, they were simply swept onto the floor.

We were then asked to order drinks, but we hadn't been given a drinks menu. This was rectified and we ordered a bottle of dry house white and a pint of draught beer. Both were fine, but when the bill came, the wine was one of the dearest on the menu; not what you expect for 'house'.

The starter was decidedly average, as was my wife's pizza. My pasta, to be fair, was very nice.

Prices (other than our wine) are reasonable, but we won't be back. This place used to be fantastic, sadly no more.

As a bizarre kind sideshow, they still have an Easter egg raffle if you're interested.

1  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed 7 May 2017

We have been going to Zio's regularly for several years and have always enjoyed it, however, since the new manager started the atmosphere has changed; staff seem on edge and not as happy as usual. When we commented to the manager that one of the regular dishes we have has changed, he tried to blame the waiter for not noticing the difference! We may have to look for a new Italian.

2  Thank Melita H