All reviewsswimming poolprivate carnice experiencelarge balconyfew weeksjacuzzimaintenancesylhetrouterfoodsstainswashroom
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Disclaimer: I only spent 4 hours here to kill some time by checking out this place I'd heard a lot about. Did not stay the night, but toured the rooms and facilities, had a meal, and chatted with the friendly staff.

Lavish rooms, breathtaking views (that photos do injustice to), and utter serenity.

And what better way to warm up on a rainy day than savoring a bowlful of delicious, wholesome French Onion Soup (one of the best I've ever had, with a surprise inside), and finish off with a humongous serving of succulent, flavorful (and sexy?) Chicken Kiev over mashed potatoes.

I know where I'll be staying next time I'm in Sylhet. Now if only I could score myself a girlfriend...

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Shadab M
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Resort itself is beautiful. But the staffs let it down, don't they no professionalism?. They are very arrogant. Staffs really don't care, if you booked in they want yr cash that's it? they should hire better management, who are sincere and helpful. Don't they want our custom? no wonder hotels that open don't last long end up selling or becoming disgrace. Get yr acts together. Don't have to stay there as all my cousins and my Basha is in Sylhet, I came to get away and have fun and enjoy with my friends. Accompany yr guests be it price drop(bit too pricey), or catering anything else they want. Let yr staffs see to their needs bet guests willingly will even tip you, without asking for it. even felt like slapping one of the staff, for showing attitude.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
8  Thank dean n
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Completely unsecured place for couple. Security guard is like, they have power to tell anything in front of everyone. So be careful all visitors. Specially couple. I had this experience 24th of June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014
9  Thank Moniruzzama
NazimFarhan, Owner at Nazimgarh Garden Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you so much for your visit and your review.

I must say I am surprised by your review. As you have not mentioned the particulars of your case, I am not in a position to reply to it.

However will want to reassure you that Nazimgarh Resort is a safe place to visit. Our security is looked after by Group4 Securitas (G4S). Not only are they an international security company, in Bangladesh their reputation is second to none.

In addition to stationed and patrolling gaurds, we have an extensive CCTV coverage. Also we take extra precaution to maintain our perimeter fencing. Other than this we have excellent relationship with the local police. Any issues if they arise can be tackled with upmost importance.

We appreciate that guests come to Nazimgarh to "get away from it all". Hence we try to make sure that our staff are not obtrusive. While it might look as if we have only a few gaurds, rest assured we have a sizeable team ensuring the safety and security of all our guests.

We also restrict our dining guests from entering area designated for overnight guests. This allows us to make our much appreciated dining facility be open to guests who choose not to stay with us, while ensuring the tranquility of those who decide to.

I again thank you for visiti and will be delighted to have you with us soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have stayed there 1st of June 2014 and totallyI am totally shocked after stay in this hotel. Here the details:

Once arrived: they dont have trolly to carry the laggage. So 3 peoples come and hand carry. This is not comfortable.

Price: One executive room, they charged 11000 bdt, this is not reasonable and not match with their standard. Their hospitality seems 1 star so room rent should be maximum 4000 taka.

Welcome drinks: They prepare the drinks only sugar and water what i didn't seen my life. This is terrible.

Food: Not so good comparing price.

Clean: Its dirty room and bathroom.

Toiletres items: In toilet they mini pack lux shop what used without rating hotel. All others items also same.

Bed size: Bed size is very small where not possible to sleep with one child.

Jaquizee: Not working.

Swemmingpool: Water is dirty.

Miss management: at the check out time they prepared one mini bar bill what we dont use and then then say sorry.

I go there for 2 nights and after one night stay i leave this resort and go grand sultan. So i never stay this resort further.

Room Tip: Nthing to say. pls see my comments totally terrible resort.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
13  Thank hassan m

I am sorry that your stay at Nazimgarh was not up to your satisfaction. We take a lot of pride in our service and our guest feedback is an important barometer for us. Hence I have personally reviewed your areas of concern and this is what I have found:

Luggage Trolley: As you would have noticed Nazimgarh is built in different split levels. (with no level more than two flights up or down). This design unfortunately makes trolley access an impossibility. However understanding that we have additional concierge service to ensure our guests never have to carry any baggage to or fro from their rooms.

Price: You will appreciate to deliver the infrastructure and the service our guests demand from us, we have to ensure the very best of quality. This means we are not a budget accommodation but rather premium priced. (Quite like the other properties of our class in the region). We take pride in seeing that majority of our guests are return visitors who appreciate the value in the rates we charge.

In your particular case, I know that you demanded a hefty discount on top of what we had already given. Unfortunately that is not something we could accommodate. We were sorry that you decided to shorten your stay with us.

Welcome Drinks: we offer the best of juices imported from Thailand. This is done in line with the instruction of our very able Executive Chef who personally decided which brand to serve. On your next visit do let us know the type of welcome drink you'd prefer and we will try our level best to serve that.

Food: as you will notice, many of our Trip Advisor reviews compliment us on the quality of food that we serve. One of the reasons for this (other than our internationally experienced chefs) is that we ensure the quality of the ingredients is of the highest quality. Last thing anyone would want is for a guest to fall sick during a visit. We make sure only the superior and fresh raw materials are used. We have benchmarked our prices to similar restaurants in Dhaka, even though our transport and storage costs are substantially higher

Cleanliness: Our rooms need to be of the highest standard. Particularly so as our General Manager's background included running Housekeeping for the Marriott chain and for the Royal Jordanian household.

Bedsize: We use standard bed sizes. Plus our mattress is specifically designed for the hospitality industry and imported directly from Thailand. As you will appreciate these also come in standard sizes. In our double rooms we advice two guests to share one bed. And for children, if you so choose, bring in an extra bed.

In your case I believe you wanted your teenage child to share the same bed.

Jacuzzi: As we demonstrated to you during your stay, the jacuzzi was indeed working. Unfortunately for us, the operation instructions must not have been clear. However as soon as you informed us that it was not operational, our housekeeping staff showed you the power switch and how to operate the machine. After your complain we have rechecked all our jacuzzis and I am glad to inform you all of them are in proper working condition.

Swimming Pool: our pools use the latest filtration system. We also regularly check the ph Levels of the water. Being an open outdoor pool surrounded by greenery, we often have the issue of falling leaves. To address this we have two full time attendants manning the pool. However after pool opening hours, this becomes a challenge.

Mini Bar Charge: I will not get into again a counter productive argument over if certain items were consumed from the mini bar or not. I will, as we had during your check-out, give you the benefit of the doubt and say that it is our oversight and subtracted the items from your bill.

I am yet again sorry that your stay was not to your level of satisfaction. We try our best to meet the needs of our guests to the best of our ability, no matter how difficult that they may seem. We hope you'll give us the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Nazimgarh resort has got good architectural installations. But location is not at par. Room service is ok. But the price seems to be higher then that of service.

Overall good for visit and having leisure time.

Room Tip: Rooms having open balcony is better
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple