“Fabulous Lunch spot”

El Rincon de Frida
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Jocotepec
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

This gem of a place will move shortly to the Main Street of Jocotepec. The day we went the walls had been stripped of decor to get ready for the move. But the food did not suffer at all. The soup was a lovely carrot, I only had a small cup because the El Sueno sandwich was my next treat. Piled with bacon, tomato, avocado, lettuce and cream cheese, it did not disappoint. We both had the lemonade which was a generous jar! Prices very reasonable and food prepared fresh. Lovely bread I should add...five grain or close to that. El Rincon is a treasure. I hope the move to a bigger place is a good one. With only five tables, the original place has been limited.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

This place is a nice restaurant, comfortable atmosphere and terrific food. Healthy and always fresh. German and staff do a great job!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

We visit El Rincón de Frida for the first time and we love It.
Tasty and a beautiful place to be.
Defenelly we'll come back soon.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

It's a twenty minute drive over too many topes from our house to bustling Joco, but I'll be making the trip more often now that I've finally found Frida's.

This tiny jewel box of a soup-salad-sandwich-Kahlo joint would fit right into any funky urban neighborhood. The menu is recognizable to any ex-pat or visitor from North of the Border, enhanced with just the right kick of spice. I had the generous tuna melt with a side of mojito served in a fat jar loaded with crushed mint. Mi esposo loved his heaping portion of San Francisco salad accompanied by a fresh fruit smoothie.

So when you're in these parts, get a good appetite and a good directions app and head to El Rincón de Frida. Buen provecho!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 14 February 2017

I live in an adjacent pueblo. We are so fortunate to have this restaurant near us. I have been there for breakfast and any tines for lunch. German's food is always good quality, consistent and healthy. Try it, you won't be disappointed!!!

Date of visit: February 2017