“Great fishing”

Fushimi Lake Provincial Park
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Hearst
Reviewed 21 August 2016

i visited this park in August 2016 for the first time. We rented a boat and did some fishing at the far end of the lake. we caught lots of pike including one that was 43 inches long. The camping was also great and we appreciated the hot showers. I will start visiting this park each summer

2  Thank randyb0yd

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

We camped there end of July the bugs were extremely bad deer fly's were slamming the van when we were checking in. At night time trailer filled with these tiny black fly's that swarmed you at night. The comfort station smelled like an out house. Wanted to rent a boat to go fishing but it was broke.

Maybe it was just my experience staff seemed confused was unable to provide a map of the park.

Although seemed nice size sites but road getting into park is long and all gravel with pot holes and wash board so drive slow. My trailer and van was covered in dust and dirt.

Ended our trip a day early bugs were to much.

Reviewed 9 April 2016

I have been going to Fushimi Park on and off since about 1984, right after it opened as a Provincial Park.

It has changed a lot since the days Ross ran the park and the back then there was no such thing as electricity or running water anywhere in the park. Now they have showers, water, hydro, boats/bicycles for rent, and even a cabin within the park.
I have also rented Fushimi Cabin across the bay several times which is perfect to totally get away from it all.

I tend to go up in late May for walleye fishing when the bugs are still down, but so are the temperatures, but fishing at ice out is awesome. Excellent fishing, gorgeous lake, and northern lights on occasion.

Since my buddies no longer want to take the trek up from Michigan (11 hours) I have been bring my son since he was 4 and he loves it as well.

There is a lot of wildlife to be seen here so enjoy. Just give the bears and moose some space, we never had a problem but respect that you are in THEIR yard now!

Hearst is the nearest town about 20 miles away and has everything you need!

4  Thank MikefromMI
Reviewed 31 August 2015

Great Provincial Park. The park offers showers and toilets, campsites and day picnic facilities. Lake Fushimi offers really sensational fishing. A great place!

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 November 2014

Our family has camped across both Canada and the US, from coast to coast. This is our favourite park. We returned this summer to enjoy what we believe to be one of the friendliest, best maintained provincial parks in Ontario. There are no organized kids activities and no playground as the park is too small. There is good fishing, pleasant surroundings, lots of dry fire wood and helpful friendly staff. Thirty minutes from the park is the Town of Hearst which has several casual but very good restaurants and all the basics.
This is a fishing camp and if you enjoy fishing then you will enjoy this park.

8  Thank Algonquin4