“A pleasant suprise!”

Fushimi Lake Provincial Park
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Hearst
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed for 3 nights (June 27-30) and thoroughly enjoyed the park! Our site was spacious and clean with a beautiful view of the lake. We caught both pike and walleye from shore on every occasion! The fish cleaning station was the highlight for my 13 year old son. A dedicated building with 4 large cutting boards mounted to 2 huge stainless steel sinks with 2 hand held sprayers. The beach was clean as was the beach volleyball court. My wife and daughter were ecstatic that the washrooms were spotless (with flush toilets) as were the showers. Even though the park was at full capacity (for the first time in 6 years I was told) it was very quiet with nice spacing between sites. Kevin and his staff were very helpful and pleasant. My only disappointment is that the park is so far from home! We will definitely find our way back there some day.

9  Thank Boba B

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Fushimi Lake is a very pretty lake, with loons and gorgeous sunsets. The fishing was adequate -- we managed to catch enough to feed our family for 4 of the 7 nights we were there (mostly Pike, occasional Walleye, and rare Perch, although nothing particularly huge).

The park itself doesn't have much to offer. We tried to take a hike to the fire watch tower (one of only two trails in the park), but were immediately swarmed by mosquitoes and eventually gave up. We didn't check out the campsites, but this is a very quiet, under-utilized park. In my opinion, it is really only suitable for fisherman and people who want to really get away from it all. The water isn't good for swimming, as it is brown, weedy and filled with leeches (as one of my kids discovered upon wading in a short distance).

We rented the one cabin in the park, accessible only by boat (Fushimi Cabins). We enjoyed our stay in the cabin, which was well-stocked and perfectly adequate for a quiet, remote get-away. Even the outhouse was quite acceptable. I doubt we will go back to this park, but we were happy to have experienced it once.

12  Thank Educating_Mom