New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Kanha Continental Hotel

Kanha Continental Hotel
Ranked #14 of 32 Kanpur B&B and Inns
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good is small word for this hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2010

This is one of the finest hotels in kanpur. Kanha Continental Hotel is the ideal and perfect destination for all the economy travelers. Hotel looks like any other ordinary from the outside but is quite lavish from the inside.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank adityakashyap

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2010

I had to visit kanpur at no notice, i was told this is one of the finest hotels in kanpur thus we checked in. it was a gross mistake to go to the hotel. it was afternoon when i checked in, i could find middle aged men geting girls to the hotel.

In the evening we visited the bar for a few drinks, the bartender was a weirdo, I asked for a vodka with sprite and lemon but he was smart enough to add a pinch of salt and spoil it. I threw it back after a sip and told him to change it. no sign of apology rather he smiled back at me........... the worst comes here, i was made to pay Rs 300 for that nonsense which i never had.

the AC was lik being at the north pole, chiling is the word. they refuse to lower it;.

Rooms are just ordinary, nothing realy great that they can call themselves an international hotel

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
8 Thank devballani
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2010

I stayed in this hotel in the month of June 2010 for 5 days. On day 1 I served stale non vegetarian food but it was late in the night so did not complaint but next day morning I did told them about it but to my horror I got stale food again on day 2 and when I told them I will not pay you for this stale food, they just kept mum without apology and I told them I need to talk to the manager, but he too was not concerned about the guests and on top of it he was keep on arguing with me. He said we will not charge for it and I believed him. But after the final payment I come to know that they charged me for that stale food also. while calling them over the phone I asked for the manager but he was not available , then I spoke to the room service about it they said we informed the manager about the stale food bill should not be charged why they have charged you? then I left a message for the manager but he never called. It shows very clearly that they have a taking for granted attitude towards their guests.

It was a business trip and I was short of time that is why I couldnt change my hotel even after suffering so much here,The services were very poor.One night I was not feeling well and while contacting the reception I came to know that no Medical facility was available with them, neither have any doctor on call. they dont even have the ambulance no. with them as well.they said all this information is available only with our manager and one can imagine if something happen to the guest at night so you will be on the mercy of the manager, if he wont wont be available so one can think about the consequences.

so I will never recommend anyone to stay in this hotel. Its not value for money at all and your health and life is at stake.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank Keshu

Travellers are raving about these Kanpur hotels

Kanpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2010

Kanha continental is 21 kms from Kanpur Airport,6 kms from Kanpur Central Railway Station, 3 kms from Jhakarkattl Bus Stand.
It is one of the finest economy hotels in Kanpur. Moreover it is one of the government approved hotels in Kanpur. It Kanpur is the ideal and perfect destination for all the economy travelers and backpackers.It is really a delight to low budgeted travellers.
The rooms available there are Deluxe rooms and suites.Rooms are sanatized and very well decorated.
One can choose from a variety of food available thereat viz. continental, chinese, tandoor, vegetarian , non-vegetarian.
Facilities like Doctor on call and Currency Exchange are also available there. I went there to stay there with my family n few friends, after stying there for 2 days every one of us had their own reasons to stay there for some more time than planned.
In nutshell the stay over here is worth every penny spent.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank SukeshTandon
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2009

We booked this hotel 20 days in advance.Hotel looks like any other ordinary from the outside but is quite lavish from the inside.
The lift man & luggage man were corteous so I tipped them heavily.First we got checked in a room on 2nd floor.The heat was unbearable.We thought the A.C. will show its effect after sometime.But even after 1 hour we were boiling,so we called for help.Someone came & filled a tumbler from the washroom with water & threw it on A.C.from the balcony.We wondered if this was the correct way & whether this was aircon or a room cooler.:-)After about 30 minutes the A.C.unit went off.Ha Ha ! It was so hilarious.
We again called for help & then an electrician took his sweet time to come.He checked the unit & told us to switch into another room as the A.C. was dead.We were tranferred to another room.
That day I asked the reception to show us their Suite Room,& by God , I was highly impressed with it's decor.It was a two room palace with big bathroom having a big bath-tub.We next day shifted there.I suggest to all of you to live once in their suite room,you'll love it.
The staff was friendly enough.But sometimes we were dissapointed.We had our 1 year old daughter with us who drank milk from bottle. We always asked the room service staff to bring lukewarm milk for her & they always bought too hot milk for her.It always took half an hour to get the milk at right temperature for her to drink.
Other time we were dissapointed when we called guests to our suite.When we asked for lunch to be bought at 3:10 p.m ,they told us that their kitchen closes at 3:00 p.m. I asked them what difference does it make in 10 minutes & literally begged them to serve as our guests were waiting & they should've told us before when we were eating snacks.Then they told us that only chinese food can be served.What could we do? In the end we had chinese however we hate chinese.
Except these few occasions,everything went fine.
The hotel serves delicious Indian food.And a big advantage is it's location.It's right in the centre of the city & taxi stand is just outside.
Will I go back there-It's most likely !

• Liked — Suite room
  • Disliked — non-friendly staff(well...sometimes)
  • Stayed July 2009, travelled with family