All reviews nice hotel one night cozy town walking distance from the hotel high standard nice room great breakfast fish rica norway atmosphere tub rent summer
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Perfect location in the middle of the old wooden houses in Grimstad, a pittoresque village at the Southern coast of Norway. Friendly staff, good breakfast and clean rooms, very close to good restaurants and the harbour.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
Cecilie H, Resepsjonssjef at Scandic Grimstad, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Hi hnasj0hans.

Thank you for your great review.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

We stayed in Grimstad accidentally, not knowing the geography of Norway but were very pleased with the situation of the hotel, the comfort of the room, the breakfasts and dinners, and the helpful staff. As we had no car, we did lots of walking so being in the centre of the shopping area with wharves close by and the bus stop 5 mins away, it was just perfect. Great view from the roof terrace.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Cecilie H, Resepsjonssjef at Scandic Grimstad, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Hi suzandvo

Thank you for your great review.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

No good for more than one night stay. I stayed 4 nights and all this time they've only changed the towels, but nothing else. No washing in the bathroom, no moping, no vacuuming, no sheets changed, nothing ! For 4 (four) days ! And when I complained to the reception, the receptionist explained very candidly that they are usually cleaning up the room every 4th day when the client stays longer... At least the food was good :-)

Room Tip: Only good for one night stay...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Resort477992
Cecilie H, Front Office Manager at Scandic Grimstad, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Hi Cristian Alexander.

Thank you for your feedback.
I will let the housekeeping department know about your review.

Cecilie

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Maybe I was unlucky but I got a room with the worst view ever (see image). In my honest opinion this hotel is average and so was my room (except for the view). Nothing wrong with it, but nothing special either. I paid NOK 1800 and at that price level I excpect something more than average.

The breakfast was OK I guess. Had everything, but again nothing special.

The hotel is situated in the centre of Grimstad and just about everyghint is at walking distance from the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the same side as the entrance.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank BjornChr2233

Hei BjorncHR2233.

Thank you for your review.
Many of you rooms do not have great view, but those rooms are cold and quite.
So it deponds on what you prefer.

When you retur to our hotel, please ask for a room with a sea view.

Cecilie

Reviewed 25 July 2017

I looking under my bed now. My God, had it been cleaned her the last month? The staff are not proffesional. Maybe because of vication. But....... Usely they the evening buffe cost 180kr, but now they change it to 295 krones. I booked a standard doble room where the pics showed a sofa, chair and a table. I get a 15m3 room with a office chair. After 13 hours of work, this is not a hotel for me.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Toddan
Cecilie H, Front Office Manager at Scandic Grimstad, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Hi Toddan.

Thank you for your review.
We have different kinds of rooms, some very big and some smaller.

The buffet has changed to a summer buffet with extra choices, that is why the price has increased.

We hope to see you again.