All reviews town centre ferry port on arrival antrim coast warden garage wee facilities owner
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

My wife & I found this pleasant little site online, & as we were to visit Larne on this weekend in particular we booked in for two nights. On arrival in mid afternoon we were met by a very friendly & helpful 'warden '. Immediately we were shown to our pitch & after receiving a few general helpful & handy tips about the site we were left to set up & prepare for our weekend.
The presence of some construction equipment & machines which were being used for some amenities upgrades & replacement did overly intrude & did not take away from the attractiveness of the site.
With lots & lots of trees around one had to really think very hard to realise it is right in the heart of Larne. Green hills in the distance, the Port a few hundred yards away, such a great spot to stay for late evening arrivals off the Ferry, or those going out on an early morning crossing.
Facilities are more than adequate, the shower block was scrupulously clean & fresh... I & some others had more than a little difficulty in gaining access to the building using the security lock pad on the door.
It seemed to be rectified the next day when our friendly warden gave us a demo..... again!!
The sandy grassed site was dry in no time at all after some rain showers , excellent when caravanning in Northern Ireland..
A great 'wee site' & not just for an overnight!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Alexander M
Lenny G, Owner at Curran Caravan Park, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

First of all could I apologize for the machinery this was an over run off work from last year. All new electric points with water at the rear have now been completed. We now offer 16 amp per pitch with every two pitches being on their own trip. This means that only two caravans trip out if they overload. I would like to think you for your great review and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

A nice , inexpensive little site very close to the ferry port. No facilities except a small toilet block. You have to pay 50 p for a shower which I object to because this should be included in the site fees as in the rest of Europe except Northern and Southern Ireland.
Eating is good in nearby Carrickfergus. Very handy for the ferry. No one was ever seen in the reception office. You check in at the garage opposite.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jancrow4

First of all could i thank you for your review. I find it hard to envisage that we are invisible We live right beside the site and we run the shop and filling station across the road from the site. I am well known for being around the site at all hours of the night and day so it could be that you just did not meet me. We caravan ourselves and believe in letting visitors have their privacy whilst staying on the site. I am also available on the phone 24/7 if someone requires me.

In relation to the charge for the showers we charge the small amount rather than hike the daily rate for staying on the site.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

This was our first trip out with our newly purchased towing caravan so needless to say we were a bit nervous. The site was ideal and the facilities spotless, the lady that met us on arrival was most friendly and very helpful, we are hoping to stay again in the very near future.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maureen B
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

Arrived with a very friendly welcome. We had the perfect site to park up our campervan with lots of space. The facilities were excellent and very clean. We had the wrong power cable with us but the manager kindly lent us one without any fuss. Perfect campsite for both couples and families. Thank you for a lovely stay

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

One of the friendliest sites we stayed on during our month long visit to Ireland. Site very well maintained, toilets immaculate with hand-wash and dryers and showers albeit one gents one ladies and disabled one, spacious and again immaculately clean. Booked one night and stayed three as it is 5 mins from ferry terminal and the site owner suggested that we stay on until our ferry check in time at 3 am and not unplug electrics at no extra cost!! We would certainly recommend this site. Big thanks to owner and warden for their kindness!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple