“Well worth driving a bit out of town”
Review of Cafe Riva

Cafe Riva
Ranked #5 of 59 Restaurants in Larne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 November 2018

Visited today for the first time for lunch on the recommendation of one of our party. I was delighted to see that small portions of many of the main courses were available. The Café was busy when we arrived at lunchtime, but we were warmly welcomed and given menus. All the food was hot, tasty and well presented. We were a bit disappointed to find that they had no ice cream, despite offering various sundaes as dessert.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Clean, spacious, attentive staff and good coffee. Plenty of parking available. Very clean, pleasant decor. Prices are good also. Good place for a meeting.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Alex E
Reviewed 8 September 2018

Visited recently with family for lunch. The food was top quality - we really enjoyed a risotto and pizza. However, the service was slow and I was amazed to be charged 50p for some mayonnaise for my child's pizza! I queried it with the staff member who seemed surprised and stated that they charge for all condiments!! I feel that this is far too much for a bit of mayo - maybe next time I'll bring my own!

1  Thank bettiBelfast
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Myself and my family have eaten here a few times and the food is always of a good standard. The pasta dishes are tasty and are served in generous portions too. The pizza was somewhat bland with tasteless cheese and sparse in toppings but the desert menu made up for it. Nice selection of drinks, cocktails and even some local craft ales. The staff have always been fantastic and very friendly which is always great to see. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting authentic Italian cuisine in a pleasant surrounding.

1  Thank rosscos98
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Food is absolutely beautiful!
Took my partner and he wasn’t too keen due to never tasting Italian lol. He did say it’s for “girls night”
Half price Tuesdays - Cinema date