“Delicious Food - but let down by a few niggles...”
Review of Cafe Riva

Cafe Riva
Ranked #5 of 59 Restaurants in Larne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 September 2018

Visited recently with family for lunch. The food was top quality - we really enjoyed a risotto and pizza. However, the service was slow and I was amazed to be charged 50p for some mayonnaise for my child's pizza! I queried it with the staff member who seemed surprised and stated that they charge for all condiments!! I feel that this is far too much for a bit of mayo - maybe next time I'll bring my own!

1  Thank bettiBelfast

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Myself and my family have eaten here a few times and the food is always of a good standard. The pasta dishes are tasty and are served in generous portions too. The pizza was somewhat bland with tasteless cheese and sparse in toppings but the desert menu made up for it. Nice selection of drinks, cocktails and even some local craft ales. The staff have always been fantastic and very friendly which is always great to see. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting authentic Italian cuisine in a pleasant surrounding.

1  Thank rosscos98
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Food is absolutely beautiful!
Took my partner and he wasn’t too keen due to never tasting Italian lol. He did say it’s for “girls night”
Half price Tuesdays - Cinema date

1  Thank Leighanne880 .
Reviewed 20 August 2018

I'm not sure why I've never been here before, I'd heard so many good reviews so decided to give it a try on Saturday.

It wasn't busy so we got a table right away, order was taken quickly and food was brought out quickly too. I ordered the rigatoni special - it was pretty decent, I wasn't feeling too hungry so thankfully there was a smaller portion option! My friend ordered a rare steak - he thought it was one of the nicest steaks he'd ever had but it was a little too rare for me!!

Service was a little iffy, it started off well but after they cleared the plates and we had said we didn't want dessert, they didn't bother coming back - tried to get their attention cos we were going to order coffee but ended up just going up to the counter to pay and leaving (maybe this is normal here? I'm not sure, I'm just assuming they bring the bill to you like most restaurants...)

Anyway, I'll probably be back since there aren't many places to eat in Larne... Hopefully the quality of food stays the same!

1  Thank heyimmaegen
Reviewed 19 August 2018

Never really sure if the cafe is open despite the 'open' sign, as from the outside it is dark and empty looking. My last trip for a light lunch had been disappointing as the food was nice but service poor. Today we called in for a snack and coffee but it seems nothing has changed. We were given a menu and when we had were ready to order we all looked intently at the three members of staff as they talked amongst themselves for five minutes never glancing our way or at the other two tables who were already eating their food. I approached the counter to give my order as two of the three walked off , and I was informed that it was table service and someone would be with me. We did get served the food was alright the service was not. There are many places to eat in Larne

1  Thank jacqueline h