Review Highlights
night out with the brothers

Went to see Darkest Hour. Staff were helpful and accommodating with allocation of seats. Place was... read more

Reviewed 24 January 2018
Philip H
Larne, United Kingdom
Weekday night.

Reviewed 12 August 2017
Steveodo
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom

All reviews cafe riva next door movie screen cinema allocated bin wheelchair dominos distraction aisle trailer loads
Reviewed 12 August 2017

I went to see a dumb superhero flick at night. It was gone from other local cinemas already, so “hooray” for Larne Omniplex. The movie was billed to start at 20:40, and the advertisements started exactly then. There was one film trailer at 20:51, a couple more ads, then the movie began.

I found the blue lighting on the ceiling a slight distraction during the film. We were in screen 3. It has one aisle, off-centre. The only place for a wheelchair would be away to the right, beside the bin. Seven pounds ten pence for 1 adult ticket. They did not ask me where I wanted to sit when I bought the ticket. I was allocated C4, but chose to put myself somewhere else entirely; the place was mostly empty.

The restrooms are fine. Loads of free car parking outside. Dominoes is next door, and the lights were still on when I emerged at 23:30. For extra fun I went to see what The Stern and Olderfleet Castle looked like at night, afterwards.

Saw another film here a month ago. We all ate in Cafe Riva next door before the film. Its a good restaurant.

1  Thank Steveodo
Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

Great staff and facilities, I really enjoying coming here to see movies. Almost always tidy and clean, haven't had a bad experience yet.

Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

Came here with a friend recently and it was a great experience. The cinema is very clean, staff outstanding. I will be back especially as Ive got a student card and can get discount!!!

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Go on a Tuesday and get it even cheaper. Very handy to restaurants within walking distance if you want a bite to eat.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Went to see a 3D movie at night. £6.80. They did not ask me which seat I wanted. I thought that was an important oversight as I went to the screen where my choice of film was on. Inside cam a possible answer - only two other people were there, so I was able to sit anywhere, regardless.

One glitch: no one was at the ticket desk window, the two members of staff were at the sweets counter. You can get a movie ticket there, but have to wait while kids in some family group squabble over what snacks to buy.

You do need a car to get here, it is way outside the town, along a dual carriageway down to the harbour. The site has two big advantages. There is a vast free parking area outside. There are also loads of restaurants right next door. Blue Chicago Grill has turned into something else. Coming out of a late movie showing everything looked closed, except maybe the KFC.

1  Thank Steveodo