See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 January 2016

We stayed in the Kieppi for two nights during our trip with Santas Lapland. The accommodation is very basic but comfortable and warm. You spend so little time in your room that it did not matter that it wasn't a five star hotel.

It compiles of long log cabins with a corridor down the centre with rooms either side. There is no reception or bar etc you eat breakfast in the pub a few doors down and dinner is organise at a hotel a short walk away.

The setting is beautiful and it is well situated in the centre so everything is easy walking distance.

I would return here again.

Reviewed 5 January 2016

We loved it here,the room is basic,but we hardly used the room,hot shower comfy bed what more could you want,in Lapland you go for everything but your room,the meals was nice I liked the idea that we ate somewhere else,other wise after a full day out in snow,you wouldn't want To go out at night,but it's just as good in night,when I do my main holiday I like 5 star,but is this location it's fine,3 of us on this trip had a amazing time,everything was just perfect.

Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

Beds were comfortable, room was warm and clean. peaceful setting, and pretty view out of our window, what more do you need?!. Great base for everything we did. We stayed in a one bedroom place, ideal for two adults and a child. Will definately stay here again.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2015 via mobile

I have seen a few reviews of this hotel that rate it poorly but I have to disagree. We chose the hotel as it has an old authentic Finnish Xmas feel to it. The facilities are basic but we were hardly in the room except to sleep. It's warm, cosy and the suite we hooked has a lovely power shower and sauna. It's just 50 metres from the pub and close to everything else such as the main restaurant at the Tunturi and the toboggan run. I would most definitely stay here again instead of paying extra for an IKEA-esque hotel that you hardly use. The bed was comfy, the room was spotless. Paper cups yes but so what?? We had a marvellous time and Hotel Kieppi was the perfect base.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2015

We were very disappointed when we arrived at the Kieppi (Saariselka Inn) after paying a reasonable amount of money for a 3 night magical, once in a lifetime, Santa's Lapland trip. The room was small with twin beds plus temp bed. The bathroom was dated. On the plus side the room was warm. There was a kettle, but no tea/coffee provided, paper cups provided for hot drinks, not great for kids. No hand soap in the bathroom (this freaked me out due working within the NHS and having the importance of infection control/hand washing drummed into me!). Rooms are not cleaned/serviced once you arrive, this is done on arrival/departure only. The TV was dated with a choice of 5 TV channels, nothing in English, to be fair you don't sit in the room but if you want to put a bit of TV on to amuse the kids whilst getting showered etc. you won't find anything they will be interested in. There is a sign in the bathroom stating they do not use paper towels due to the environment, but they are happy to use paper cups!!!

Breakfast was awful, dreadful coffee, juice, cornflakes, salty porridge, processed meat, rubber cheese, sliced bread and margarine (some butter, fruit, croissants/muffins would have been lovely) You have to dress in full thermal suits to get to breakfast which is couple of minutes walk up the road. Dinner was at another hotel, further away, limited choice (meat or fish, single dessert choice) but food tasted great. Again getting in and out of the suits for mealtime is a pain.

I spoke to our rep about our disappointment with the room, he assured me that all the hotels were similar and he has stayed in worse... I think he may have missed the point that our expectations were high due to this being such a magical trip and the amount of money we had paid for a 3 night excursion, I would have been perfectly happy if we had paid £15pp to stay in a youth hostel.

The rest of the trip was amazing, the Santa experience magical and the Santa Lapland staff were wonderful. I would highly recommend the Santa's Lapland experience, I just wish we had not booked to stay at the Kieppi. Maybe the tour operator should have been more informative about the accommodation or we should have had read a review before we booked so we knew what to expect.