We just spent 5 nights in a KeloIgloo at this resort and unfortunately, the cost of the experience in no way matches the experience even closely. Out nice KeloIgloo was too cold for comfort and the heating cannot be adjusted individually in the house. The bathroom is extremely basic and the sauna in the house does not really get hot. There are also no slippers and no bathrobes and the meals are average for a relatively cheap accommodation but not up to par at all for the cost of the package. Also, every little additional thing at this resort costs extra. Want some firewood for your fireplace: A few pieces of wood cost 35 Euros! You really get the feeling that the ownership simply wants to make as much money as possible in the shortest possible time. As for watching the Northern Lights: This is of course weather dependent. During the 5 days we were there (Nov. 12 to 17) there was no possibility to see the Aurora Borealis and my best guess is that if it happens 1 out of 7 nights it is a lot. The resort lives mainly from busloads full of mainly Asian tourists (and also Americans) that stay there from 1 - 3 nights max. If you thought of going there to have a great experience: Don't do it!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kakslauttanen Hotel And Igloo Village
- Kakslauttanen Hotel Igloo Village
- Kakslauttanen Hotel Saariselka
- Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort Finland/Saariselka