“Great day had by all”

Aquavelis Water Park
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

We went as a group of 9; 2 teenagers a 4year old and 6 adults.....everyone enjoyed. The park was clean and friendly. We arrived early and went straight in easily securing some sun loungers and umbrellas right beside the kiddies splash area. With me being 6months pregnant this was where I pretty much stayed!! The two teenagers went off with two of the guys in our group and pretty much only came back when hungry or needing a drink. There were rides suitable for the 4 year old too and he absolutely loved it. As the morning went on the park started to fill up but never felt too busy. All in all a good day and great value for money. Highly recommend

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"older kids"

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Book on line in advance for a slightly cheaper price and speedier entry. We arrived at opening time and there was plenty of parking. A brief queue in the shade and we were in. Plenty of shade from umbrellas and sun loungers, 3.50 E. food was fine but hotdog/burger type. You can bring your own food/drink and leave for an hour. Supermarket/Macdonalds nearby. Toilets very clean and showers. We met some friends, our kids ranged from 8 to 12 they loved it. Plenty of slides. Hardly any queues, shade also available whilst queuing. Good wave machine plus other good pools. Very good for younger kids also. We stayed til the end, the day flew by and much to my surprise we all had a great day. Despite being very hot and busy, the park could take the volume well. Staff were very friendly and all felt very safe and well run. I loved the dancing, very entertaining! A must for the kids and adults!! I really felt good value for money.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

This was a great water park. We stayed in Nerja, so we has two water parks similar distance to choose from. We chose aquavelis due to it being fresh water pools. Not a big park but some hear slides and we had lots of fun. It wasn't overcrowded and queues for slides were not too bad. Longest waited at any time was approx 20 mins. Very clean and tidy place. Worth getting a locker. Bit disappointed that you pay quite a price for entry and then get charged more for sunbed (more than they charge at most beaches). The staff were ignorant at times and sometimes overzealous on certain silly rules (I'm not talking safety rules). Then if you are Spanish you are ok you seem to get away with chatting to staff and manage to get some queue jumping done. But when I complained they just ignored me, that to be honest let the place down.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We were based very close to this place, so a 15 minute drive for us. its not huge, but when we visited not too crowded either, unlike other water parks in the area. the rides were all fairly decent with no long queues, which is vital considering the heat etc when we visited. the lifeguards are friendly and accommodating (I tried to take my go pro which they said wasn't allowed but they offered to look after it while I did the ride and collect it at the end rather than go to the back of the queue again. the atmosphere was quite chilled, plenty for younger kids to do as well. Didn't feel pressurised to having family photos and nobody trying to upsell you anything, unlike the other water parks. decent value. I would say the rides are not spectacular but then again, not everybody wants the scare-me-to-death ride. if that's for you head down to Torremolinos and queue for an hour for that sort of thing. Highly recommend it. You can take a picnic or use the restaurant which is actually very reasonable. food is mainly burger and chips, hot dogs etc but they do salads. we have 3 kids, 15, 13 and 7 and they all had great fun. much respect to this place. one final quirk is they also have virtual reality booths with a variety of games which are worth a try, but when the sun is out, personally, I'd rather be outside. staff were all very friendly and appreciate an attempt to converse in Spanish, but all speak very good english.

1  Thank dan k
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We visited as a two families totalling 8. The price is reasonable. It can be a bit chaotic when you first got to enter but once inside it's great.
Just big enough for the day but small enough to not worry too much about loosing each other.
Plenty of pool guards who are very attentive. The whole place is clean and well decorated. The parasols have been recovered in palm since last year. There are plenty of places to lie and eat your own food. There are lockers for valuables.
There is VR this year but we didn't try it out.
There is fake turf by the slides so you don't burn your feet whilst queuing. This had been replaced from last year.
You can leave for an hour with a pass. We went to Burger King opposite for lunch.
Good changing facilities with showers etc.
Would recommend.