See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Having been a visitor to France for over 40 years, I have to say that this is the worst experience ever in staying in a French hotel. We wanted to stay in Le Clos Normand (which we stayed in on our way down and I highly recommend), but it was fully booked upon our return - so La Vielle Ferme was the nearest (other) establishment.
We arrived at 4pm on Saturday and it was like the Marie Celeste. Nobody in reception, bar, garden, kitchen, anywhere....
2 guys also waiting, called the hotel number and got through to a member of staff who finally appeared (this was after we had spent 15 mins looking for somebody). This really set the tone of our stay.
The bedroom was ok but tired. Curtains coming off the railing, bathroom handle coming away, leak under sink. Our room also overlooked an area of garden and the hotel spa, so we had to pull our curtains closed if we wanted to change or use the bathroom!
I asked about the WiFi and what the code was. The lad on reception just barked "autosport" and walked off. We found the instructions on the reception counter the next morning.
Dinner - this is where the fun starts. It made Fawlty Towers look like the Ritz. All guests wanted to sit outside as it was a nice evening. All tables filled up quickly, such that staff started moving tables and chairs from inside. There were only 2 staff performing the waiter/waitress duties and this was for at least 30 tables and they couldn't cope. People turned up and just stood there waiting to get attention and those that were eventually seated waited again just to be given a menu! (30 mins as I timed it). Our food - the "suggestions du jour" had carpaccio of lotte which is like a sushimi fish type dish ( I think) and was 9 euros. They served me beef carpaccio which turned out to be 15 euros. The main course was roast shoulder of lamb. The waitress asked how we wanted it cooked (a joke now really) and we said pink. I have to say that the meal looked as though it had been cooked at lunchtime and re-heated. Meat overdone and dry. The courgette looked like a green slug, dry old beans wrapped in bacon. We had 2 mouthfuls then got up and left. My French is not good enough to complain and we were surrounded by other diners, so we didn't want to make a scene.
I couldn't be bothered to argue about the bill the next day (just wanted to get out quick) but the food came to nearly 70 euros, a total ripoff.
The only positive thing I can say about the place is that the garden is pretty!
Staff were hassled, grumpy and no customer service at all.
I can't believe that people want to stay or eat in this place - it should be closed down.
Disgusting - don't go!!

Room tip: All rooms are pricey irrelevant of type or location
Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank MerielF
Reviewed 24 June 2018

We only visited this hotel for a drink whilst we were on a walk. But we were not impressed!
The waiter was impolite and surly. We ordered beers - the glasses were not filled to anywhere near the measure line (it was mostly froth). And when we tasted it the beer was off! We were given a different beer - again only 3/4 full, and charged the price difference of the beer, even though it was not the one we wanted.
We will never return here.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Linda100776
Reviewed 22 January 2018

We had booked two nights in a "comfort room " which had the size of a typical mini room in Paris . Little comfort thus in a room that looked - like the rest of the place - ready for serious refurbishment .
Our bathroom was full with black molds at the ceiling alike the molds on the wooden windows in the shower .
Most rooms can only be accessed through the outside garden with rocky steps . Very comfortable when it is cold and rainy .
The heating in our room was oke but the bathroom was cold as ice and the staff had clearly forgotten to turn this heating on as well . The separate toilet had no heating and thus was freezing cold.
The breakfast - for the price of € 17 per person - was a joke . Ample enough bread or croissants , no warm dishes , coffee from a noisy cheap instant-machine . We decided for the second morning to go downtown in Le Treport and find a cosy brasserie with good coffee and fresh crepes or croissant .

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 17 September 2017

We were not staying here but went for dinner as it was the only place around. The food and wine was horrendously overprice. My wife ordered a salad which was pretty bland and my steak was tough and grisley. The only saving grace out of a 66 euro meal was the sauce on the steak and the bread to mop up with.

Room tip: If the rooms follow the pattern of the restaurant, find another place.
Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank Jack J
Reviewed 6 April 2017

The hotel is an old farm rebuild to a hotel. We stayed in a room next to the main building on ground level. We could here the people next to us and especially the dog in the room above us. On the wooden floor we could hear almost everything. The room is not so big but ok clean for a farm.
We dined in the restaurant and this was good. Staff was friendly (not super fast)

Date of stay: April 2017