All reviews hill top air con pool bar just returned from our annual relaxing holiday whilst on holiday year after year hot options plenty of sunbeds shower tray two weeks hotel is spotlessly clean nothing is too much trouble lit up at night week stay the main road see you soon
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

We have just returned from 16 days at the Hilltop hotel and had another really relaxing holiday in the hot sun it just gets better every year and will deffo be back next july
Cought up with loverly friends from pevious years Albie and Tania Tony and his wife Glover great to see them all
Then the main man at the hilltop Bill greatest host and kostas thank you for making another great holiday i would recommend this place to anyone do not take any notice of any of the reviews that are put on here by negative people that dont know the meaning of having a great time
Thank you all again see you all next year

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank jayteeErithLondon
Reviewed 11 July 2016

We found from booking.com but there werent any room in the web site. We just tried our chance and we asked the reception for a free room. Kostas helped us, found a room for us. We stayed two nights and then we stayed two more nights.
Location is little bit far away from the sea but there is a shuttle, it bring you to the sea!
Amazing view! (10,00) beds (9,1) breakfast (7,4) if you have hotel without breakfast its 6 € per person. (lunch and dinner 10 €, we didnt try)
Free parking, it has own good pool, nice bar (mytos 2,5 €, coffees are 2 €) close to supermarket and gas station.
We definitely recomend and for sure we will be back and come again!

Room Tip: Every room are almost have seasight and have balcony, they all almost same.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

We've been there for almost two weeks and we picked the place based on the reviews, the big pool and the pictures seen here or on the hotel website.

We've been looking for a quiet place, with a nice pool and with good looking room and we get all those things. :)

Unfortunately we get some things we did not expect to receive.

One of them it is the breakfast. We did not get any vegetables during our stay, at least a tomato. :(
In exchange we get every morning some VERY COLD boiled eggs, oily scrambled eggs with bacon, some bread with some melted cheese on it, bread, cheese, bacon, margarine, yogurt, cereals, milk, some not so good looking peaches, some cakes and some watermelon wich tasted like it was cut off two days before.

Evenimentul it looks a lot of things, believe me, it is not.
We brought with us in some mornings some tomatoes and butter almost every day. The basic we ate every morning was boiled eggs, toast, cakes and coffee for me and some scrambled eggs, milk, cereals and cappuccino for my girlfriend.

Even so, we had two very nice breakfasts when they served pancakes. :) We put some melted chocolate and fruits jam on it. Anyway, the pancakes and the coffee was really good.

Something else that was strange for us, was the fact that we can not make any orders from the bar from the reception and charge the room for the amount, in order to pay everything in the end.

Also, you have to go to bar from the reception if you want to get something, wich is not so comfortable when you are at the pool, because you have to put some close on you every time and the waiter don't come from time to time by the pool to ask if anybody wants to order something. :(

I have to say that we've been impressed how fast they solved the issues we reported in the room. So don't worry, if you'll have problem in your room, they will solve it quick and fast. That's way I'll not mention those situations here and that's way I'm giving 4 stars.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CosminRC
Reviewed 21 April 2016

On of the best places to relax.
If you want it peacefull thats the place.
Clean, tidy, and everybody is very helpfull
Hello Bill (Vaso) heretismata apo tin kriti.
The hill is not that big and listen up people do some excersize its healthyyyyyyyyyy
on the way down its easy just do it, if you cant cope on the way back take a cab.
you are on holiday, so stop moaning.

Best wishes guys
I will be back soon.

Benny the best barman

Room Tip: all the rooms are nice i prefer the bottom
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Efstathios K
Reviewed 3 November 2015 via mobile

I've stayed at hilltop a number of times including two times in the last year (June and September). I have also stayed at a number of other hotels in hanioti and I lived here for a season too.

Without a doubt, hilltop is the best hotel I have stayed at. The owner, bill, cannot do enough for you. When I lived in Greece I needed to get the coach back to the airport from the hilltop and he let me stay in a room the night before free of charge.. That is just an insight of how genuine and kind the owner is.

The pool is clean, the bar is cheap, the rooms are immaculate. The staff are lovely and the food is great.

I have to comment on the last review, it really annoyed me as many aspects aren't fair.
Firstly, this person says the wifi isn't great. This is Greece, it doesn't matter where you go the wifi isn't amazing. However, it is free and I never had any problems with it.

Secondly, the food is apparently cold? Not the case at all. The breakfast has plenty of choice and replenished regularly. Cannot fault the food unless you are fussy.

The so called 'unlit alley' is untrue..it is infact a path through a field that has decent lighting.. You can also walk the main road which is well lit.. Or the free bus that runs all day from hilltop to town and back. Some people just like to moan.

Also comments made about the all inclusive.. As an English customer who pays for the drinks here.. I cannot believe the extent to which some nationalities exploit the all inclusive. I have seen people order ten drinks before on the all inclusive and leave them all. It is so disrepectful. Breakfast is the same.. They get four plates of food and leave the table without eating it. It is 2 euros for a beer here.. So cheap, how anyone can complain is beyond me?!

Year after year, I see the same English people return to this hotel. It is good value for money but more than that we all return for bill and the staff. I am getting married in 2017 and we will all stay at hilltop, along with the friends we have made at hilltop over the years who are also attending our wedding. It is like one big family and bill is at the center of it. Amazing hotel, lovely guy and great staff.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family