“Unexpected visit turned into an unexpected pleasure”
Review of Silver Dragon

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Silver Dragon
Ranked #41 of 85 Restaurants in Burgess Hill
Reviewed 6 October 2016

Hey all,

Well again I have the pleasure of reviewing this take away. Normally we go to another Chinese in Burgess Hill, but it was closed and I needed food.

The Singapore noodles have some proper kick to them, refreshing since I like spicy food. The noodles were not overcooked for once and were cooked perfectly. it sounds funny but some places you go to you get really moist noodles which aren't how they are traditionally cooked. They shouldn't be wet or greasy.

The crispy pancake rolls were lovely, a little greasy but tasted really nice with a proper crunch when you bit into them.

The best bit about this place is the price, they are pretty cheap in comparison to where I normally go but the food quality is actually quite a lot better.

This place is definitely run by a Chinese family, when taking my order they were writing it all in Chinese. I prefer this because you know you're getting something a little more authentic.

The staff are polite and you also get a little telly to watch when you're waiting.

I'm probably going to chance my normal takeaway to this one.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

Ordered a take-away as full of cold so didn't want to cook. They do not deliver so a family member collected it. We had half crispy duck, which was pre cut into small slices (not shredded) and didn't appear to be much of it for half a duck, lots of crispy fried fat/skin and not much decent meat. The crispy chilli shredded beef was ok (nothing special and had better) the Singapore noodles were dreadful as they had used the fat noodles instead of the vermicelli noodles and there was so much curry powder used it made our lips burn! We threw most of them in the bin. I would not order food from this take away again.

Reviewed 28 September 2015

Silver Dragon is a nice little takeaway next to the Tesco Express in Burgess Hill. It is a friendly family run restaurant and has been established for over 10 years. The quality of the food is really good and they generally are ready within 10 minutes of telephone ordering.

Reviewed 28 September 2015

Probably the best take away Chinese in Burgess Hill
The quality of the food is excellent and if you are looking for a decent meal at a good price this is the place.