“Return Visit”

Ranked #6 of 85 Restaurants in Burgess Hill
Price range: USD 30 - USD 41
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Rea; Italian Run Family business with variety of selection of steaks, fish, pasta, [pizza dishes prepared with fresh ingredients and cooked by a proper Italian Chef.
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

We like this small family run and unpretentious Restaurant on the outskirts of Burgess Hill. The staff are always super friendly and efficient. The Romanian waitress was excess always. Unfortunately on this visit my wife’s salmon ‘special’ main course was poor... heavily over salted and really unpalatable. To the manager’s credit when it was pointed out to him he apologised and was gracious in taking the charge off the bill and offering a replacement. I suspect the basic dishes are the best and my spaghetti carbonara was excellent. Stick to the basics I would suggest but we will certainly return here again.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Love this place , atmosphere is fantastic especially at the weekend, the place is small but cozy staff are very friendly and the food is excellent.
The only thing that stops me going here more often is the prices but it doesn’t mean I wouldn’t go just that I keep it for special occasions

Reviewed 27 July 2018

We love Buon Appetito! We have had a few meals there are plenty of takeaway pizzas. Their weekday lunchtime menu is unbeatable for both flavour and value, and even at peak times the quality does not suffer. It is always busy with a buzzy atmosphere and Victor is a perfect host. We are very lucky to have this on our doorstep- I would travel far and wide for their crisp pizza crust!

Reviewed 21 July 2018

Have visited several times now and still cant get over how good the food and service is for such a small restaurant.

We will be back again and again without doubt

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant on many occasions and have always had a good experience. Having had an awful experience last night I can not imagine returning. I really don’t like complaining but the pancetta lasagne was the worse meal I have ever eaten. The topping was burnt to a crisp and the consistency of the lasagne was like slop. Rather than risk eating anymore as by husband had finished his tortellini (which he really liked) I asked for the meal to be deducted from the bill. When I received the bill I did notice a service charge which I asked to be taken of as this is discretionary whereby the manager did not seem very happy. I had no problem with the young waiters service so I gave him the cash. The manager pointed out that another table had eaten the same dish and did not have a problem which indicated that I am just a moaner. The overall attitude is one of arrogance and they are very busy so couldn’t care less if you return or not. I am sure the response to this review will be in the same vein as the other negative reviews purely rude.

eugenio7040, Owner at Buon Appetito, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Good afternoon madame, i completely undestand you did not like the lasagna and my manager has tried to offered to you another dish, but you did want to, he take off the lasagna from your bill, i think is fear and as you describe above the service charge is customer discretionary and is fear to you did non wanted to pay. very sorry and i must to say very disappointed about your behave. You are complaining every-time you come in, and that now looks very strange for me. Any my door is always open for you.