“Very nice”

Price range: USD 4 - USD 12
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fish and Chip Takeaway and Licensed Restaurant
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great fish and chips would always go back. Staff great as well what more could you want on a fishy Friday.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Have always used Fishers for my fish and chips and lived in the town for 17 years, used it tonight and could not eat it at all, there was a smell to the fish and a metallic flavour, two bites and now it is in the bin, lost my appetite, won't being using Fishers again.

2  Thank BrightonSussexMan
Reviewed 19 February 2018

I've read some of the recent reviews of Fishers, but as far as I'm concerned, having had one take away, and one sit down meal meal here, I can't fault it. I had a take away in December, and recently brought my wife and a friend here, quite late on a Saturday evening, when we were tired, and VERY hungry. The restaurant was dark, but the lights were switched back on for us, and we were made to feel extremely welcome.

We all had fish and chips, and I couldn't fault the food, at all. We had the medium fish fillets, and they were prefectly adequate. As the plates were delivered, we were encouraged to ask for more chips if we wanted them, but there's no way any normal person would want more than we were given. If I were to be extremely picky, maybe the fish batter was a tad greasy, but that IS being picky. The fish was well cooked, and moist. The chips (which I wonder if they might have been frozen?) were crisp. The mushy peas were hot, and delicious.

No complaints. The staff here are friendly, and delightful. It's a non-assuming Fish and Chip shop. The prices are reasonable, food good, and staff friendly.

What's not to like? I'll be coming back.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Warning signs, almost empty at 6:30pm on traditional "fish and chip" night, Friday.

All was freshly cooked, but no for long enough; the batter completely undercooked and gloopy an the chips soggy. Good size fish portion, but a ridiculously large regular chip portion, easily enough to share.

The gent after me, ordered his fish "well done", which made me chuckle. I soon found out why!!!!!

Fishers need to realise, it is quality not quantity that makes a successful business.

Doubt I will be back, Tesco Finest Battered fish is better!!!

Good value for money re" portion, but terrible value as most was inedible

Reviewed 31 December 2017

Unfortunately our usual chip shop was closed for Xmas so decided to try Fishers as it says under New Management which may as well have been the old management as far as I’m concerned because fish and chips we ordered was by far the worst we’ve ever experienced being it was not only tasteless but also undercooked and stale!!!
Never again
If you like tasteless stale food then try this place
Never again!!!!!
I recommend the only decent place to get fish and chips is in Kent as it’s always fresh!