“Great Thai food”
Review of Lemongrass

Lemongrass
Ranked #8 of 85 Restaurants in Burgess Hill
Price range: USD 10 - USD 20
Description: Sa wat dee kha – Hello and welcome to Lemongrass Thai Cuisine in Burgess Hill, West Sussex.
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely meal at the new lemon grass in Burgess Hill.

I highly recommend the mixed starter to share and the masaman lamb shank.

Minhaz N, Owner at Lemongrass, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Guest Guest,

I would like to take this wonderful opportunity to thank you for taking the time out to share your amazing dining experience with us. I am elated to hear that your culinary journey was nothing short of amazing and that you were accommodated at every angle.

Thank you again for choosing to dine with us at Lemongrass and I very much look forward to welcoming you and your loved ones back again in the nearest future for another absolutely amazing evening with us.

Kind regards,
Nasir

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Last night we visited the Lemongrass Thai restaurant, in Burgess Hill, for the 2nd time and it gets better and better.

We had the Mixed platter to start, which was great. Similar to a Chinese mixed starter but lighter on the stomach, which is perfect.

We then went on to mains of Kra Chai (ribeye steak), Duck Paradise & Phad Thai (similar to a Chow Mein).

The 3 dishes, along with a delicious bottle of Beaute Du Sud (Malbec), were fantastic.

The food was great and the service was subtle (not fussy like some restaurants).

A loverly experience and we will be back.

Minhaz N, Owner at Lemongrass, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review .It is always a pleasure to share a great experience and your comments are wonderful. The team and I are glad that following our philosophy of elegance and simplicity we could exceed your expectations and you could spend a pleasant time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,
Nasir

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

One great thing about Thai food is its freshly cooked then delivered directly to the plate and that's what we got when we tried menu a. Nice Primativo too.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

We had a few takeaways in the last couple of months. Flavour is nice, portions could be bigger/or cheaper. Nice staff.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Visited for the third time to celebrate my daughters 18th birthday.
Service was fine, orders taken and food arrived in good time. Previously, I would have rated the food as very good but this time the only word I can use is ‘bland’. I ordered a Jungle Curry which is usually fairly hot and even carries 3 little chillies beside the name on the menu! I suspect that NO chilli had been used at all. All flavour was missing and the dish was just - tasteless. Very disappointing. I did mention to the waitress when paying, who suggested that it was a fairly hot dish though for local tastes had been reduced in heat. Apparently I should have ordered ‘Thai hot’ though I’m not sure how I would have known this.
Overall food was uninteresting and a little boring. Perhaps the chef has changed since my last visits?
Overall I would give Lemongrass one more go, despite the annoying automatic service charge!

1  Thank Danny F