See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 February 2016

This great little beach house has 2 apts. The bottom one w private deck is where we stayed. We had 2 bedrooms which we used one just as a changing room. There is AC in the bedrooms and with the cool breezes coming thru the porch screen doors, you need nothing else. There is a small kitchen, which we didn't use really since there are so many great restaurants on Barbados! But it was nice that it was there. There is a couch and table and 4 chairs and a small TV. The best point of staying here is the secluded feel to it since it is your own private space and that you can sit on the deck and watch the turtles play in the water almost every morning! The water at high tide laps the tiny small private beach as well so the water is close!!! If you prefer a smaller quiet area in compared to the busy crowded feeling of the Bridgetown area...then consider staying here. It is not a high end resort, but clean and the lady who runs it is extremely helpful and nice. The drive to Holetown where there is a lot to see and do is only about 10 minutes drive or you can catch the bus. Mullins beach is right next door and you can walk down the beach to it if you choose. There is also a convenience store/gas station/atm right across the street! We were very happy staying here!! Definitely stay on the bottom apt and not the top if you have a choice, because of the large deck that is then yours to use!

Stayed: February 2016
1  Thank cindy l
Reviewed 28 January 2016 via mobile

Well the management/owner of this property so nearly could have spoiled my recent fantastic holiday to Barbados.
Having made a courtesy pre arrival two hour call - saying I'd be arriving as agreed/confirmed (months before) with my booking at 3pm, I then did so to find no-one here! I phoned again to eventually be answered with criticism of my booking agent and that no booking was confirmed for me! No idyllic time spent by the beautiful west coast on the eve of my birthday for me! I asked was the accommodation spoken for? Just to be ranted at about protocols ( none of which I was notified about)! I resigned myself to having no accommodation here and spent the next four hours trying to find accommodation on a late Sunday afternoon/evening. Surprise surprise when I viewed alternative booking sites to find the accommodation was still available for rent. I booked and my booking online was again accepted. I telephoned to say the accommodation was available and that i had booked and would welcome being received later that day! Ohh no the owner/manager wasn't having any of that! You would think I would take the hint - of being unwanted!?! Stupid me!
This place is either chaotically organised, poorly administered or the owner/keeper is too darn lazy to provide the service it professes to offer on the many booking sites that it seeks customers from. Unreliable, unhelpful and rude is how I'd describe this place. Half my day was wasted on this poor service provider. No surprise its up for sale/on the market. Having peered through the downstairs patio doors the place couldn't help looking like an upturned student digs!
Maybe I had a lucky escape! One I am still trying to ensure I am fully reimbursed for! I'm sure there are people out here who have enjoyed their stay but I'd be very sceptical about booking this place ever again. My only bad experience of Barbados on this my third visit to this fantastic helpful people and their island. Just not so here!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
11  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 25 November 2015

My husband needed a relaxing break: he was looking distinctly grey. An opportunity arose at short notice and we put together this trip in less than a day...I have to say that he started to unwind the moment we had left the airport, and when we found Cassandra (which took a couple of goes...) the process continued unabated.
Let's be straight: Cassandra is not the lap of luxury, but if you are happy with the simple pleasures, this is the PERFECT place to savour them. The setting is exquisite, especially if, like us, you are a snorkeller, and therefore want beaches with rocks and coral under the waves. if you want pure white sand, you will need to make an effort and walk about 50 yards along the beach. For us it was heaven to sit and watch the turtles playing in the waves in front of us, enjoy a rum punch on the balcony watching the sun go down over the sea, see the hummingbirds feeding on the tree blossoms right in front of our eyes. And all we needed to do was take a few steps downstairs and we were on the beach and into the waves, finding all manner of fabulous reef fish which are our passion.
Right next door is the famous Bomba's restaurant which is definitely worth a visit, and just down the road is the white soft sand of Mullins beach, should you wish to try that.

Juliet the owner was very helpful and welcoming, sorting the odd problem in double quick time and a mine of information.

As far as I am concerned, this represents my idea of heaven. You can keep your "luxury" condominiums (apparently the likes of Simon Cowell have boltholes a few miles down the road) Cassandra 2 does it for me!

Stayed: November 2015
3  Thank Meleya
Reviewed 5 June 2015

We have visited Barbados many times but Cassandra apartment was superb. The 1 bedroom apartment was comfy, clean and extremely secure. The views were fabulous of the sunsets as well as the swimming turtles below. Julliette also let us use the below terrace and came to the apartment especially to give us two great sun loungers. On realising it was our anniversary Julliette also surprised us both with a great bottle of champagne in ice with champagne glasses., it is these little touches that made our two week holiday fantastic .We will be booking Cassandra again in Nov as it was sooooo good.

June 2015

Room Tip: we preferred the upper apartment as better views of swimming turtles
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DebsDerek
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Stayed 3 nights to wind down before sailing trip. Randy & Julliette welcoming & informative. We had booked the 1 bedroom apartment as there were just 2 of us but a confusion through Booking.com meant the 2 bedroom downstairs had been prepared. We were kindly let this so plenty of space & never saw upstairs.
The decking is very private and peaceful. Fittings within the building are, as in most seaside places, slightly rusty but all work fine. Air Con in the bedroom but we found the fans much nicer.
We had a car to tour the island but the buses are just outside & apparently good so maybe don't bother. A petrol station opposite is 24 hr and good for emergency milk,etc & there's a supermarket but glad we had the car for that.
This was perfect for us and couldn't fault our hosts who even rushed to the airport when we realised we'd left some important things behind.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple