Cassandra 2 Beach Apartments(Speightstown)(Great Value!)
USD 125
  • Beachfront
Le Marida(Speightstown)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewscobblerafternoon teaother gueststhe general managerwater sportshis teamwater skiingsmall hotelocean front suiteyear after yearcharming hotelrelais chateauxenglish country housesandy lanethe west coast of barbadoss covecocktail party
Reviewed 6 May 2016

My (now) husband and I recently held our wedding at Cobbler's Cove. We both had the best weekend of our entire lives.
To begin, I will speak of the rooms and location. The hotel is a boutique hotel, it has English charm, it is small and quaint and set on a beautiful small beach. Each room has a small living room and patio with a kitchenette so you may purchase your own beverages, snacks, or bottle of wine to enjoy on the beach. The staff know your name, it is quiet and peaceful, the water is wonderful, calm and feels like bathwater, it is tucked away to the degree that you feel as though you have escaped the world, but there are some small towns a short walk away. The food is absolutely phenomenal.
The manager, Will Oakley is charming, friendly, and helpful, as is his assistant Anne-Marie Green. Anything you ask for, they will make happen. I live in New York City and they patiently answered my every email and the resulting wedding ceremony and reception surpassed my wildest dreams. Everyone in our party had the time of their lives and commented on how beautiful the location was and how friendly the staff are. I couldn't recommend the hotel more.
The only thing I would say, which is not negative but simply a comment on preference, is that this is a very quiet private hotel. This is a place you go with your significant other, perhaps a couple of children, or a small group of family or friends. This is not a late night party hotel. With that said, the hotel was more than accommodating with setting up party busses so that our group could go into town and get a little bit rowdy after the ceremony. In short: this is a beautiful, charming hotel, in a beautiful location with wonderful friendly staff and I would absolutely recommend it and look forward to visit again, perhaps with a little one in tow ;)

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank JoBickley
Reviewed 2 May 2016

My wife and I stayed here for a special occasion recently. The grounds are beautifully maintained, the suites well appointed and the facilities very good.
Our only complaint - we had to move rooms after 3 days. We were warned about this before we went and Virgin acted on our behalf but to no avail. Here's the reason - some people who had stayed there more often than us opted for our room, so the hotel bump you out if you're not as frequent a visitor. Didn't make us feel special our valued. No options presented to us and I witnessed it happening to another couple. An idea might be to offer us another room for the full duration of our stay. Otherwise, if you're not a frequent visitor, be prepared to be moved.

Room Tip: Ask for a room for the full duration of your stay and hope no-one more important than you requests it
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AML1954
WOakleyGM, General Manager at Cobblers Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2016

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry you had to change suite during your stay with us, this is certainly something we try to avoid at all cost, however on occasion some guests old and new like to choose their suite from the resort map we have on our website.

We also have guests that like to stay part of there stay in a Garden Suite and part in and Ocean View, so that they can experience the two different locations.

I am delighted you enjoyed the remainder of your holiday and hope that I have an opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the future.

Reviewed 15 April 2016

This is our fifth visit to Cobblers Cove, having been here first with the the children when they were very little. This time we returned with two adult children and we have not been disappointed. Cobblers Cove is a magical mix of luxurious comfort and traditional Bajan service set in stunning grounds. The staff are incredible and for us there were many familiar faces which made it very special to return to. Each and every one is utterly professional and always friendly. The manager Will ensures the atmosphere is welcoming, relaxed and pampering. The food is exquisite, impossible to resist and the breakfasts superlative. There are numerous delightful touches which make this a very special place to stay. Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ocean views, garden suites, pool suites
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Dubbleaitch
WOakleyGM, General Manager at Cobblers Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2016

Thank you for your review.

It was wonderful to be able to welcome you back to Cobblers Cove once again and I am thrilled you had such an enjoyable holiday.

It is a pleasure for me to work alongside a dedicated and hard working team of people who really enjoy seeing our guests have a relaxing holiday.

Reviewed 9 April 2016

This is a lovely small hotel set in beautiful gardens and next to the beach. The main house is where the restaurant ,bar and pool are located. Staff are very friendly. It is situated within walking distance of Speightstown and a bus ride to Holetown.
Water sports are free and I enjoyed learning to waterski. There is a pontoon that you can swim out to. May is a quiet time of year and so this suited us. Had a lovely view of sea from room. Room had a lounge with small kitchen area.

Loved Barbados, hotel and eating out, but restaurants can be expensive as can half board. You can easily use the local buses to get to Holetown. We are returning this year. The dining area is right next to the water and what a wonderful place to have breakfast every morning.

Now for the not so good points:
Arriving at hotel we warned by regular guests to hotel that hotel bar was pricey and so not many guests bought drinks. I think the hotel has got the pricing structure wrong because if the drinks were a little cheaper then more guests would use it.
We did have one evening meal in the hotel- mixed reviews but they have since got a new chef.
Beautiful view from room- room a little tired but we were rarely in it. The hotel has undergone renovations so it will be interesting to see the changes.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
7  Thank 453debs007
WOakleyGM, General Manager at Cobblers Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2016

Thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cobblers Cove.

I would welcome an opportunity, on your return, to discuss your comments about the bar prices, as I do not believe these to be over priced - a rum punch is the equivalent of £5.00 and cocktails are £7.00 a beer is £3.00. Wines can be expensive on an island and we try to keep our wine list interesting and affordable.

I can confirm that we have continued our upgrading of the property over the summer 2015 and now have over half the hotel completely refurbished with the remaining suites to be completed in the summer of 2016.

Jason Joseph took over has Head Chef at Cobblers in September 2015 and he and the team have received much praise over the winter months.

As I mentioned at the start of this response, I would welcome an opportunity to discuss the pricing comments further, on your return and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 20 March 2016

There is so much to say! We stayed here for a week and a half in July and my first impression upon walking through the lobby was how beautiful it was. Everything was clean and we were welcomed warmly by the General Manager, Will. My brother and I shared an upstairs room while our parents stayed in a room under us, and we were honestly surprised by how quaint it was. The beach was amazing, we went snorkelling as a family every day and watched baby sea turtles hatch at night! There was such a variety of wildlife there as well, there were loads of tropical fish, birds, and we even saw turtles as I mentioned before. By far the best part of this hotel however was the food. Best food ever.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are amazing but top floor are even better.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Kiira A
WOakleyGM, General Manager at Cobblers Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2016

Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at Cobblers Cove.

I hope I have an opportunity to welcome you back soon.