“Great Indian”

Price range: USD 20 - USD 100
Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Apsara Samudra is an ocean front restaurant specializing in Authentic Indian and Thai food. The restaurant has been decorated to a very high standard and great care is taken in the preparation of the food and the service of the dishes. The location, perched on a cliff edge provides a very dramatic backdrop.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We shared an octopus starter, which was perfectly coolked and not over done. We both also had hot lamb dishes. We normally like hot, and these dishes were hot and spicy with plenty of flavour. My only suggestioon would be that the staff slow it down a little and let diners enjoy the amience and their wine. Lovely beach side table area too.

1  Thank Rachelle T

Reviewed 8 October 2018

I have not been in India (yet), but this place made me feel I was in a different country, with everything I know and could imagine and more, there in perfect place and great food and taste.

1  Thank Felipe E D
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Had a fabulous authentic meal here on the waterfront. Loved the food and the service! Very unique and one of the best spots in the gap area.

1  Thank Teresa D
Reviewed 27 September 2018

The restaurant is absolutely beautiful. Tucked away in St Lawrence Gap you would never know this place is so beautiful from the outside. Even the photos I found online never quite showed how beautiful this place was on the inside.

We made last minute reservations while we were in Barbados and was lucky enough to get a table for 2 outside in the patio. It was absolutely gorgeous. Our table was nestled just between two trees in the center of the patio. The tables at the edge near the railing overlooking the water were taken and apparently booked months in advance, but ours was just as lovely.

The food was reasonably priced considering the decor and the view. We loved everything. My only issue was that I ordered vegetarian spring rolls and somehow the kitchen messed up and gave me chicken. Grrrrr, I was angry but refused to let that ruin the experience. I only swallowed half a spring roll with minced chicken.

I marched on and everything else was delicious. You can order off the Thai menu or Indian or combined. The service was lovely from the host to the server. I should have gotten that spring roll order ( the correct one) free.

Overall I highly recommend this place. Lovely.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

Went for dinner and we were shown to one of the swing seats. These are brilliant.

The service is with a smile and very efficient.
Water is brought straightaway, and drinks and food ordered.
The wait is not too long.
The food is cooked to perfection. We have a lot of Indian Food in Manchester, and this was right up there.

I would recommend this place for couples who like Indian food with an Ocean side setting.

1  Thank Nevswim