“Superb serenity in a lovely private and quiet...”
other travellers have booked this property
Entrance to the House with the One Bedroom attached Bedroom is inviting
Entrance to the House with the One Bedroom attached
Bedroom is inviting
Breakfast Nook
The bathroom is beautiful
Kitchen waiting for you to cook your meal
Dining area with sofa and TV
From the living room to the Bedroom
Living room sitting Area
Dining and TV area
Deck Entrance
Deck
A refreshing drink on the deck as the sun goes down
Entrance to your home away from home
The beach is waiting for you
Deck
Bathroom
Bathroom Towels
inviting shores
you shoud be here
relaxing days at the beach
beauty at the beach
flowers around barbados
Tropical Blooms
Flowers on Arrival in room
Island flowers
Refreshing drink on the beach
splash splash splash
Desert Rose
Evening on the deck with our home away family  Linda, Douge and Doris
Entrance to One Bedroom Apartment
Welcome Home ...
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Faye O
Toronto, Canada
“Superb serenity in a lovely private and quiet guest house”
Reviewed 6 April 2016 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

I am in Barbados quite often as my partner lives in Barbados and I live in Toronto, Canada. I have never stayed in a guest house before and decided to give it a try, well am I happy that I did. The apartment was so quaint and comfortable. The decorum was modern, bright and fresh, with colours which suited my style and taste. Leena and Charleen were excellent hosts and were so accommodating in every aspect of my stay. I was suppose to stay for only two weeks and ended up staying the whole two months I was in Barbados. It was very convenient for my partner who is a chef in one of the neighbouring hotels in Dover which was less than a fifteen minute walk to get to. Maxwell is a very quiet and private location to stay. It was indeed my home away from home for both of us... :) Highly recommended

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The privacy and serenity the apartment gives.
Liked least: No air conditioning was a little difficult to adjust to.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
7 Apr 2016
Thank you Faye for your beautiful review and hope to see you both sometime soon.
lindayann...
Newmarket, Canada
“No words can describe how special my stay was - I will definitely return.”
Reviewed 26 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

Your hosts Leena and Charleen are delightful. They were so accommodating and helpful .My lovely apartment wasn't missing a thing . They even decorated the bedroom in a sea blue that they knew I I loved. The location is perfect , - the beach and the main road being only minutes away .This little bit of heaven is tucked in between St Lawrence Gap and Oistins - both, only a pleasant walk Lots to do and see in both places. Night life , good restaurants - fabulous local cafes - quiet beaches - aquatic activities and of course be sure to include an island tour of Beautiful Barbados - it is a must.
Thank you ladies - it was wonderful ! See you next year - xo Linda

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: I loved the wonderful deck for relaxing and dining. Always a lovely breeze.
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
4 Mar 2016
Thank you Linda for choosing to stay with us.See you again soon .
Christine...
“Great Christmas Holiday”
Reviewed 6 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

We had a fabulous week over Christmas staying with Leena and Charlene. Our contact from the start was excellent, Leena answered all our questions promptly.

Our meeting with them was very friendly and warm, again we were given her contact number while staying and could contact her anytime, which was very helpful. Our greatest treat was our fabulous complimentary Christmas breakfast organised by Leena and Charlene at the Bouganvilla hotel a few minutes walk away from the studio. It was the highlight of our week, with great food and again fabulous show with Father Christmas arriving on his little boat to give out presents to the children. Thank you so much.

The apartment had a small lounge area with a fan, a small kitchen and a good size shower. The bedroom was a good size with aircon. Outside was a nice seating area with a couple of sun loungers. The area was very quiet, and bed comfy, we got a good nights sleep. The apartment was very near the road and we made use of the excellent bus services operating around Barbados. Leena supplied plenty of towels for the shower and also a couple of towels for the beach which was really handy. We were there a week and out most of the time, and so the apartment was great for our needs. The wifi was very good and welcomed to keep in contact with family back home over the Chrstmas. We felt the area was safe and ventured out at night walking up to Oisten and back at night, just be careful in the dark the pavements can be a bit uneven.
Once again we liked to thank Leena and Charlene for all their warmth and thoughtfulness and for making our first Christmas in Barbados so memorable.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
12 Jan 2016
Thank you Christine for choosing to spend your holiday with Home Away Holiday Rentals.We look forward to welcome you here again.
Jay B
Kingstown, St. Vincent
“Slept like I was back home in my own bed.”
Reviewed 26 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Home Away Apartment is my first choice every time I have to go to Barbados. Friendly owner who goes out of her way to ensure that you are always comfortable. Very clean apartment with very modern furnishing. I can't say anything negative, as I was totally satisfied. Will choose over staying in a hotel every time.

Liked best: Comfortable and affordable
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
31 Dec 2015
Thank you Jay and hope all is well with you.See you soon
Louise B
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A perfect litte haven”
Reviewed 10 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

I've just returned from another fantastic holiday in Barbados, part of it being made fantastic by the warmth & hospitality shown by the Leena & her daughter who own "Homeaway"

As I was travellig alone this time I chose to stay at Homeaway as it was just the right size & I already know the area it's situated in. The pictures of the property appealed to me before I booked & on arrival I wasn't disapointed, the accommoation is clean & very well presented with a beautiful decked area to sunbathe, eat or just relax on. The neighbourhood is very quiet yet the supermarket, bank & nightife are just a short walk or even shorter bus ride away.

Maxwell beach is literally a 2 minute walk from the house & whichever direction you choose to go in there are lots more beaches each as beautiful as Maxwell.

On arrival at the apartment the owners daughter checked me in & during my stay nothing was too much trouble for them.

The only reason I haven't rated the accommodation is because it would benefit from AC, having said that this is reflected in the price & I coped without it.

Would I stay here again? Yes, definately & i would highly recomend Homeaway to all my friends & family traveling alone or with a partner.

Thank you Ladies for making my stay with you so enjoyable, I look forward to seeng you both again very soon :)

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Older travelers
31 Dec 2015
Thank you for staying with us.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing