“Vacation ,April 2011”
Ocean One beachfront gardens
Ocean One building beach side
Ocean One building
Ocean One entrance doorway
Ocean One penthouse living room view
Ocean one gate entrance
Ocean One Pools & gardens
Ocean One kitchen view
Ocean One  foyer view
Ocean One guest bedroom view
Ocean One penthouse floor to ceiling view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

bajansuns...
Cape May, New Jersey
“Vacation ,April 2011”
Reviewed 11 June 2011 for a stay in April 2011

We came back to Ocean One and again we were very happy with our choice. Perfect location , perfect beach , perfect apartment with this breathtaking view !!.
Staff is wonderful
Can't be better than that!!
We will be back in Nov,2011.

Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Luxury-minded travelers
DyeKap
Toronto, Canada
“Ocean One 202, don't rent. But rest of the unit are good.”
Reviewed 13 April 2011 for a stay in March 2011

We recently returned from a vacation. We stayed at Ocean One. We stayed in Condo 202. The location of the Condo was superb. Right on one of the most beautiful beaches. The Condo has tight security which most would appreciate. I found it a bit of a problem as you alway had to take the elevator due to the doors on each floor being locked from the stairwell. The wait was not long, but i would have preferred to just run up the stairs. You also had to use a fob on a key chain to access the building from the beach. Again a great security measure, but a bother when the kids were running up and down to the beach and pool frequently. I didn't want them to lose the key or fob. Most people would and should appreciate the security but to me it was a bit of a bother. Luckily being on the second floor I could just toss the key fob down to whoever needed entry.
We rented Unit 202 and I would not recommend this unit. It is a three bedroom unit was was not well appointed. I was told that beach towels were supplied and in fact they were, but only 2 decent ones for a 3 bdrm condo. There were other towels, but they were either bath towels or ripped ones with bleach stains. The master bedroom had a king bed and a nice bathroom. The second bedroom had a queen bed with 2 mattresses instead of a boxspring. There was not enough support and it was quite uncomfortable and saggy. The 3rd bedroom was small with bunkbeds and was quite suitable to kids. It
The Condo was not well appointed with adequate basic needs such as dishes or glasses. During our stay the A/C in the front room stopped functioning and when we tried to figure out the problem we noted the batteries had been taken out of the A/C wall mounted control. Since it had been working in the past, someone must have entered the unit and taken them out. Not sure why, we assume that the outdoor compressor had issues so they took the batteries out. We would have preferred that they told us about this rather than just removing the batteries. The non functioning A/C in the front room did not affect us as there was adequate A/C in each bedroom. In addition for the majority of our stay there was a terrible sewer type smell each evening as we entered our Condo. Turning off the A/C seemed to help dissipate this smell. In talking to Owners in the building this Condo has a reputation for being substandard. A number of people express that there had been other guests who have stayed in this unit and have been unhappy.
Having said all that, I would say that staying in another unit would be fine. I noticed that other guests were quite happy with their units and that the other units were well appointed.
The beach is beautiful, but I must make note that there is almost no shade to be had. There are 2 spots on the grass by the pool where you can sit under a tree and get shade, but none on the beach. This is a big issue as the sun is so hot. The condo does supply loungers and there are plenty to go around. Some are reserved early, but we never had a problem getting one. We would also carry them down to the beach and back each day. The pool is small, but adequate. My kids loved playing in it. I was concerned that it would be an adult oriented building but it had a good mix of people and we were luckily in having a number of families staying there at the same time as us so there were lots of kids. All the Condo owners I met were very nice.
You really do need a car as there is not much within walking distance, especially in the hot sun. There is a minute or 2 walk to the closest bus stop if you would prefer to take the bus. Although Barbados is advertised as being safe, we were advised not to walk around after dark. This is prudent advice no matter where you are.
Bottom line, I think the Condo itself is fine if you take note of the things that i mentioned, but stay away from unit 202.

Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Young singles A romantic getaway
Management Response
12 Apr 2011
There is no doubt this client encountered the issues mentioned in apartment 202. I understand the smell the client encountered was due to water from the ac getting trapped in a poorly angled pipe and stagnating. The issue has since been resolved and the ac serviced. Unknowing to the apartment manager, the plates in the apartment were 'borrowed' by the owner. Replacements were purchased immediately and new towels have been purchased. As with most condo properties on island all of the apartments are separately and individually owned and managed so as noted by the reviewer, one apartment experience is not necessarily the same as the other. Ocean One continues to gain great reviews from past guests who are returning every year.
Ottawa Ontario Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2011 for a stay in March 2011

Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 45-54
Staffordshire UK
Reviewed 21 March 2011 for a stay in March 2011

Check-in / front desk
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Newcastle UK
Reviewed 1 March 2011 for a stay in February 2011

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing