1,833 results
All reviews st lawrence gap the gap happy hour reggae buses roti surfers cafe fish fry anne marie friday night rum punch island view sun deck hired a car large supermarket reef bar local buses bbq night
Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

I have stayed at the hotel twice and found it to be a great location. The beaches are beautiful with clear blue water. The restaurant is good but found it expensive. We visited Alis next door which serves ROTI of your choice. They are extremely cheap as are the beers.
The hotel is a short walk into Oistons which is a must visit on Friday night. Also try bar one across the road Ian the owner makes you very welcome.
The buggy buses stop outside for those who are not faint hearted.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Renno2355
Reviewed 29 November 2016

Just arrived back from a 10 night holiday here, after a nearly 12 month wait for a tropical island holiday.

Disappointed is all I can say, though the hotel is ideally placed on a white sand crystal blue sea, the hotel could do with an upgrade. Firstly, the room was ok, the wardrobe was scruffy, and smelly, so lived out of my suitcase for the 10 days, though we did have chest of draws for other items. The rooms could do with a lick of paint and the bathroom could certainly do with brightening up and get it up to what I think would be a 3* standard.

Food, breakfast was very disappointing, booked room only but up graded by travel company to b&b but on arrival only told we were continental, which was in fact a poor attempt at continental, supplies slow to be replenished. In the hotel booklet it stated only 1 style of breakfast - which included cooked, no mention of continental. I did speak to reception but told that we were booked, so not happy.

Food and drinks were generally over priced, only ate in hotel once at lunch which admittedly was reasonable, but evening meals were expensive. The bar and chinese across the road had the monopoly for eating out if you don't want to travel, as the hotel was based between Oistins and the Gap, which meant you will need to catch bus especially at night.

The pool was great , plus being on beach was the highlight. My complaint with this was you had to be up early to get a sunbed, at times there were not enough beds, and certainly not enough sun umbrellas which is highly needed with the sun, people were placing towels on the sunbeds and not occupying them for hours, which I feel unfair. Plus the sunbeds on the whirl pool side needs totally replacing as they are so worn, your backside is nearly touching the ground.

Overall, I loved the Barbados relaxed way of life, but the staff could at least smile now and again.

I would visit Barbados again, but would certainly look for another hotel which more centrally located and more to do and entertainment at the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Clarry46
Reviewed 28 November 2016

We have stayed here about 8 times very friendly staff situated on The beach on the south coast great beaches the best one being Miami The rooms are basic but clean

we always say get there cheap and spend your money while you are on the island

Room Tip: Newer block facing the beach
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank June H
Reviewed 21 November 2016

This is a beautiful medium size hotel set right on the beach along the south coast. From the moment we arrived we felt welcome. There is good information in the room, TV, fridge and tea/coffee facilities. This hotel was very clean and a special acknowledgement should be made to the housekeeping staff and maintenance people who do a wonderful job every day. The front desk staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

I have no idea why anyone moans about this hotel or the rooms. Our room [326] was large, clean, adequately decorated and the sheets crisp and clean. The air con was invaluable and we got wifi when we needed it. Again the bathroom was a good size, in good working order and we had no problems.

Breakfast was a relaxed affaire with either continental or full cooked buffet, juice, toast, cake, and a good supply of tea or coffee. The staff are attentive and friendly. Our only criticism of the evening restaurant was that we would have liked to see more Barbadian local cuisine rather than US type options, having said that everything we had was very good.

The buses are available from outside the hotel, are reliable and go in all directions.

The island is beautiful and has plenty to offer, and was made even more special by the friendly, helpful people of Barbados.

My daughter and I had a lovely time and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarahjay1
Reviewed 17 November 2016

Mine was a one night stay to catch a flight home the next morning. I enjoyed the room, the restaurant and the beach! A quaint, quiet, pretty location. With a sunset view from the restaurant terrace. I couldn't have asked for more.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Jane A