1,082 results
All reviews reef restaurant steak restaurant collins bar signature room swim up bar japanese restaurant specialty restaurants girl band sushi white company products main bar paddle boards bar staff ocean front beach bag plenty of sunbeds an umbrella
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I can not understand how some people can give this hotel a bad review. We stayed two of us with two friends and we all found it great. How can you criticise the food - it was excellent much better than we could ever expect in our part of rural England. Such a choice. The staff were so helpful especially Kay our favourite waitress. We got waited on hand and foot and could not ask for anything more. The air conditioning was good and quiet. The beach was lovely. If I have any thing to moan about it was that you could only hire a snorkel for 1 hour. But the men at the snorkel hut were so lovely. So get more snorkels boys.

Room Tip: We had a de lux signature room which was excellent the beds very comfortable
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
7  Thank jdavies46
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at this resort last week. It was awful! Will never return to Barbados nor this resort! From airport arrival to departure it was bad. Everyone moves in slow motion and everyone is rude.

In regards to just the resort
The staff were all very rude and slow. They seemed annoyed anytime they had to assist you, from ordering drinks to serving you’d dinner, to checking you in and out. We tipped the whole time thinking this would help with service, but it didn’t so save your money, wish i did.

The resort itself is not maintained. The landscape isn’t manicured. I mean how hard is it to use an edger? Weeds everywhere, just bad. It looked great at night when you couldn’t see all the flaws. They literally sweep and don’t pick up the dirt, they just sweep it into the bushes. There is no air conditioning anywhere except in rooms, it’s very hot. I don’t enjoy eating my meals while sweating, very uncomfortable. The beach itself is beautiful 5 stars there. But that’s all they got going for them. There are hidden daily charges that aren’t mentioned as well. Daily $11 tax fees. The buffet was very small. Breakfast consisted of pastries, bread, eggs, bacon, sausage, rice, and maybe grits/oatmeal, that’s it. It was very very small. Buffett lunch and dinner were also small selections. The only good food I had there was the chicken. The chicken was good everyday. In regards to the restaurants. DO NOT BOTHER!! Dinners took 2 1/2 hours to serve and none of the days we went were busy. You will waste your time. The steakhouse was horrible in regards to food and even through the sushi was ok, the service was horrendous. People were walking out at both places for to the time it took to get their meals/dessert. We almost did and as we got up they ran over to tell us it was on the way, that took another 10 minutes. It was really, really bad. Should have just had chicken in the buffet. Oh and there is a coffee shop at the far end of the resort at the top of this huge hill you have to climb. Don’t bother, first of all it’s not included in the all inclusive and the coffee isn’t good either.

Room Service. Not included in all inclusive, this is just absurd.

Alcohol. It is all bottom shelf. Wish I knew that ahead of time as well. Deal breaker for me.

Injuries. A lady fell because she slipped on the wet floor from the rain that they didn’t mop up. Tourists ran to her aide while the workers stood and watched. They called for EMS but they didn’t arrive for an hour!!! It’s a small island, I don’t understand. So she laid there in the floor for an hour with a broken wrist and leg!! That’s ridiculous!! This was the worst trip I have ever taken. From service to facilities. I’ve been to several all Inclusives and this was unbelievably bad. I didn’t realize this was possible. Don’t waste your money and go elsewhere.

My son asked me if I’d ever go back, even if it was free. I said yes if it was free and I brought my own alcohol. Just for the beach. And I would probably walk to town for meals.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
11  Thank netlove
Morgan S, Manager at Sugar Bay Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Dannette Zabat L,

Thank you for your kind compliments about our gorgeous beach. It is stunning and we love it too!

Very sorry to hear that you didnt like the hotel, the staff, the food, the airport or the island.

I was quite disturbed to see your comments as you definitely had a lot of firsts for us in terms of dislikes.

It was also very surprising that when I pulled up your file there was not a single thing reported as being an issue by yourself during your stay to any of our staff and in fact when we checked in with you everything was fine.

Seeing as you wont be coming back here there is nothing that can be done now. However I would advise that at any point staying at any resort that if you were not happy please let their team know. We are all just people and giving us a chance to rectify any mistakes is only fair.

Please feel free to message me if there were any issues as I would love to hear them and again none were made aware to us.

We hope you had a pleasant journey home and wish you all the best in your future travels and holidays.

Warmest regards from the Team and I,

Morgan

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stunning. Great location, attentive staff, varied food and a lovely place to stay. Came her for my 50th and the whole staff made my 2 week break the most unforgettable holiday of my life. The whole hotel was very clean and every member of staff would greet you with a smile each day. Nothing was too much trouble for any of them. Open plan dining with the bar and pool works better than its sounds. Good entertainment and movie on the beach on thursdays was a good treat (including popcorn). I am already looking forward to returning to this fantastic hotel in the future.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Steve S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This bring our first all inclusive trip, our first trip to Barbados and our first “hot holiday” the Sugar Bay exceeded our expectations.

The staff were all very friendly and welcoming. I have never been somewhere where staff have been so attentive.

The rooms were comfortable and always cleaned to a good standard.

The pool bar was lovely, although my one gripe was that children were in it when it says that children under 16 we’re not allowed in it. However, we spent the majority of our hotel time on the beach.

The water sports guys were really helpful especially when my husband trod on a mini urchin and stung his foot. They tended to him with a bucket of hot water and vinegar.

The Collins beach bar is great and the food is super yum, also handy if you want to grab an ice cream to cool down.

I want to say the waitresses and waiters are all so friendly no matter the time of day! All the staff are an asset to the hotel.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
9  Thank HPurchase24
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have just returned from a wonderful week at the Sugar Bay resort. Our room had an ocean view and was very clean and comfortable. The beach is lovely and has a reef which was teeming with colourful fish, great for snorkelling at low tide. Turtles were visible in the next bay which is a short walk away. We were able to see a hatching of turtles and watched as the 'lost' babies were released into the sea which was a magical midnight experience.
The staff are amazingly friendly and remember names and your preferred drink quickly! The buffet restaurant had a wide selection of food at each meal but the highlight for us was the sushi restaurant which was outstanding. Another highlight for me was the cinema on the beach, really great fun, cocktails and popcorn whilst watching Mammia Mia 2 with the sound of the waves in the background - heaven. There was entertainment every evening and the the girl band on Tuesday were really good.
This was a reunion trip for 3 couples that met at the Four seasons resort in Bora Bora and once again we had a blast. The only reason for not giving 5 stars is that the resort is really good but not top quality on the food front.

Room Tip: It's worth having a beach view as the sunsets are spectacular'
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Maggie B
ToniS2718, Property Representative at Sugar Bay Barbados, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Maggie B,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are very happy to know you were pleased with your room, the beach and marine life, our sushi restaurant, and that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is fantastic that we were able to be part of what has become a travelling tradition among friends!
We have taken note of your concern and will assess how best it can be addressed. We hope you will continue to visit Barbados an look forward to seeing you again soon.