See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The best part of the trip was when you get to meet good and genuine people.

The hotel was pretty accessible from the airport, maybe 3-5mins away. The food from Abregana, was good especially their Buffalo Wings. I was glad that we got to meet the owners of Basa Hotel. They even assisted us and lent us his grandson's stroller . The hotel was pretty basic but the hospitality of the owners were remarkable.

There's a live band every night! Great place to hangout with friends/family while waiting for your flight.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank BeatriceGuerrero
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I missed the flight in kalibo airport then the seaair company called Mr. Nattin the owner of Basa hotel which is 10 min away from the airport , then he came very fast and get my bags I thought he is a driver only but at the end i found that he is the owner very simple and helpful and kind , the hotel is ok and clean the employees are very Good , the rate is ok as well and they have a restobar at the back of the hotel with good food and there is other resturant 10 away from the hotel with crazy food I loved it .
Thank you Mr. Nattin :))

Room Tip: Simply Mr. Nattin will give what ever you want.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ahmad A
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Check in was easy , rooms are basic but clean, need some maintenance , you can see the 7 years of the Hotel without keeping it up ! For a promotion Voucher of 1900 ( plus tax ) its ok, I would not pay more for it. The location is 10 min from the only and biggest shopping Mall and 20 minutes from the Airport.

The Hotel Restaurant has millions of ants , so I decided to have my dinner in the Hotel lobby . Int. movie channels are programmed but you cannot see anything as they have a poor signal ! A lot of kids around the Hotel which makes a lot of noise, I changed my room to the backside second level, with the negative effect that the free wifi doesn t work there but at least I can sleep . The mattress are made out of foam and are very soft, do possible back pain ))))

But for one night its ok!

Room Tip: Room 202 was more quite , but no WIFI , don t take rooms on the first level and front view, the windows are very thin and the road is very loud
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Eva M
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Last December 2012, my family and I were headed for the Caticlan Port to get to Boracay Island but we found ourselves stranded in Kalibo for one night because of strong rains (due to Typhoon Quinta). We looked around for a hotel and found a room in Basa Hotel. We were very grateful for the hospitality of the staff members, who were very accommodating and friendly.

Tired from our trip, we were delighted to have been offered a simple and clean room with electricity and water.

The demand for rooms was very high that the staff members placed a "No Vacant" sign soon after we arrived. However, when we went down to the lobby for breakfast the next morning, we saw that they still accommodated guests, as there were still sleeping guests (who were provided beds) in the lobby.

That morning, the electricity and water had been cut off, probably to lessen the negative effects of the nearby dam being broken (due to the storm, perhaps). However, the hospitality of the staff was more than enough to make up for this.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Tricia R
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Hotel was very basic, but was clean and tidy. The room was in need of repair caused mainly by water damage from the badly designed bathroom, but otherwise was comfortable. The hotel is positioned next to an outdoor pub/club, and the night we spent at the hotel there was a small band playing quite loudly until about midnight. Had we, as originally planned, had to fly from Kalibo Airport quite early in the morning this would have been a disaster. As it turned out the flight was cancelled to a later time so it was not so bad. The food served at the hotel and attached bar was in fact very enjoyable and really good value for money. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. A bit of maintenance and more information about the activities would certainly make for a better experience as at least we would know what to expect. As an aside, the pub is better known than the hotel, so when returning from the city by trike ask for the pub by name not the Basa Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple